I had a little browse around FromJapan and found an X Bomber colouring/activity book that I hadn't seen before.
This one has the same photo on its cover as on the rarer Portuguese notebooks that you can sometimes find on ebay.
Normally, the covers of these have a unique colour illustration. This is the first that I've seen that has a photo of the characters.
This photo must presumably take place after the events of the series. It didn't seem to me, from the show, as though the three pilots had visited the EDF command centre together prior to their flight to Moonbase.
Maybe this shows the three pilots after Dai-X touches down on Earth after the events of the last episode.
- Player missiles and turrets now track cloaked enemies, once revealed by collecting 20 adaptive camoflage debris fragments.
- Asteroid with crashed attacker type astrofighter added 2-minute mark
Hover over it to investigate for points bonus.
- Deathball improved
- Deathball 2 improved
- Tank turret pairing logic improved
- Dust clouds for larger ground vehicles
- Mission 16 briefing complete
- Mission 15 briefing almost complete
- Omega laser activates during approach
- Dock area expanded with new background graphics, green heavy bombers and minelayers
Level 16 Boss
- Overall graphics improved
- Segment ordering improved substantially, especially regarding the shield ship as it docks and undocks
- Head animations and weapon cycles improved
- Special weapons pod - Dai-X plasma grenade launcher improved
- RFSG - side shots now orange, rather than red
- Quantum blaster - retested
Here's a creative video that I found about the Moderoid Dai-X model (Japanese narration), that gives a good idea of what to expect in the box:
MODEROID STAR FLEET X-BOMBER BIG DAI-X Stopmotion Review
At the moment, most Star Fleet news that I'm finding concerns the impressive Moderoid Dai-X model kit, which I plan to buy before long, even if I don't soon find time to build it.
The relevant images folder (see below update) is often getting updated with new material.
After having splashed some money on the site, I decided to try and make some improvements ...
As you can see, I've been knocking doors out of windows regarding its appearance.
I made an unintended change to one of the default theme's background textures, which I thought looked good.
This way, the main area is lighter than the background, rather than darker.
I left this change in-place, after a bit of tweaking, and this shows on the site as the "dusk" theme (I've been watching a bit of Foundation).
The original theme will be re-instated as the "night" theme, but it might not be the default.
The main theme's background has been smoothed out to give it a frosted glass effect and some noisy style elements have been removed.
At the moment, I'm making adjustments all-over. Nothing is final. Let me know if you encounter problems or have any remarks on the recent changes.
Use Ctrl + F5 to refresh all page elements (including stylesheet and images).
I had the opportunity to obtain the domain xbomber.com, which was something that I'd been thinking of doing for some time, since .com has a little more clout than .co.uk.
Previously, it hadn't been viable.
It was a pleasure doing business with its previous owner.
We will keep the xbomber.co.uk domain in place for the foreseeable future and have both domains pointing to the site.
We've made it a long way on that domain. It'll be 20 years this December since I registered it and I have no interest in letting anyone else have it.
- SFXB Forum updated to latest patch release
- Forum prosilver theme tweaked; SFXB and xbomber.co.uk links moved to footer
- CleanSilver and ColouredLight themes added to forum
- Option to select theme added to forum user control panel
- A few tweaks around site
- Further images added to Moderoid Dai-X folder
Twitter user: "Irqt8WOsvEly0wl" has built the Moderoid Dai-X and had the neat idea of painting it in the colours of the Blitzkrieg Dai-X toy.
[X-BOMBER / Star Fleet] MODEROID Big Dai-X wotafa's review - youtube
A lot of folk have released photos of the Moderoid Dai-X model, which looks really good.
I have uploaded images of the box, contents, WIP-build photos from some users as well as others' photos of the completed model.
Great image, found on twitter
This has to be one of the best Lego Dai-X recreations that I've seen.
I saw it first on Eurobricks, which led me on Alex's flickr gallery.