Merchandise video snapshot

Chat about collectables, videos
AndyThomas

Merchandise video snapshot

Post by AndyThomas »

I've been popping into some retro toy stores of late and of course there's virtually no Star Fleet stuff in them, but the odd jigsaw appears so I thought I'd do this video on the items I've still got hold of as a reference point. I never expanded to the Japanese side of things as I was often able to find photos of them, but these were all useful back in the day... https://youtu.be/hyDNblVjKAQ
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Re: Merchandise video snapshot

Post by Crash »

Hi Andy!

Great to hear from you,
I haven't watched the video all-the-way through yet, but I really liked the Canadian-style VHS tape design.

You seem to have a lot of cool videos on there around the subject of Lego etc.

Let me get back to you again when I've watched the whole thing!

Edit:
This is an awesome vid. I think the diagrams for the ships are in the Japanese vinyl soundtrack release, rather than the Brian May one.
Mine doesn't have anything like that at any rate.
Vanessa got us the scans for those and Brad got them looking nice and seamless.

I'm the only person I guess that likes the ugly duckling French comics.

I was thinking of doing something like a Star Fleet Skype hour or something at some point: like a meet-up but without having to burn any petrol.

What do you think? Is Skype a good thing to use for that? Never tried it, Is there something better for group video chat?
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I believe Zoom or Microsoft Teams are de rigeur these days!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

I think that when I tried to run Teams on my home PC, it demanded that I have a corporate account with Microsoft and batted me off towards Skype as a personal user.

This is the first time of using Skype for me in years. When they did away with MSN Messenger and tried to port the userbase across to Skype, I think hardly anybody went and the magic was lost.

In any event I do see that you can host a meeting quite easily and send out a link: just like WebEx.

So, if anyone wanted to catch up and let us know what they're working on on the Star Fleet front, especially, then that might be the way to do it.
Dream big and bold and daring.