3d creations

Chat about creative work on other sites
Matsukami

Re: 3d creations

Post by Matsukami »

Good morning.
After other projects, I came back to my 3d bomberx creations.
The x-bomber has been represented several times in 3d.
So I made my version, based on the model presented at the exhibition in Akihabara in Tokyo.
The triangle top differs from past creations and turns out to be very close to the series.
I'm on a first draft. It is difficult, very difficult even to get a good idea of ​​the proportions on all sides, especially on the wings. Indeed, depending on the angle of the photograph, the height and the distance, the perception of shapes varies completely. So sometimes there is room for extrapolation. Thank you for your feedback. The work continues...

Crash

Post by Crash »

Hi Matsukami
Great to hear from you,

This is looking really good already.
It would be really nice to see an X-Bomber 3D mesh that goes for accuracy all-over.

Some of the more recent attempts have gone wild on accuracy in some, more obscure areas, but made noticeable changes in other areas, for example, where the nose was noticeably rounded, rather than wedge-shaped.

I would just say it's looking a tiny bit squat, as it stands, and maybe needs a bit of elongating.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Matsukami

Post by Matsukami »

Good evening.
Here is the work of the week.
Quite a few greeblees and there is a lot to do.
Work on reactors, openings.
It looks the way I want it to for the moment.

Crash

Post by Crash »

It's looking terrific, my friend.
Can't wait to see more!
Matsukami

Post by Matsukami »

Matsukami

Post by Matsukami »

Progress of the week. I've done quite a few greeblees at the rear where they are most numerous. A bit like everyone else, given the few usable images, well many are imagined, it is ultimately not important if they do not harm the general shape of the model.

I also made the decision (I don't know if that means something in English, we can say: choice) not to make an engraving line, nor too many textures outside of greeblees, because it doesn't there are none in the reference images. The Japanese played a lot on the painting, more than on the material whatever the model present in the show,

I will look in my reference images to see what needs to be added. Will I represent a dai x or use an existing model in my possession (evolution toy)? I will also represent the interior cannon (frontal laser duo in French) which will be complicated regarding the moving mechanical parts. The interior parts are hollowed out to provide interior lighting.

Finally last point, 3d printing. I plan to invest in a resin printer, more expensive than filament printers but allowing many details. For now.....
Crash

Post by Crash »

This is looking amazing.
Frontal laser duo is an awesome name for the neck laser.
The resin printer sounds good. I would love to see the results of it.
Matsukami

Post by Matsukami »

Yes. The frontal laser duo, and also the xanta ray (rayon xanta) for the x impulse. The x bomber is called xanta bomber (bombardier xanta) or x bomber. For the characters, Cyril, Heracles and Léo, Florianne for force one. And the villains under the name of the Uranor empire, Commander Gorgona (bloody Mary), Admiral Carzule, and the emperor who receives the name King Artus. The skull is called Cephale across the sleeve.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Gotta say, xanta ray hasn't got the same punch as x-impulse. :D
Matsukami

Post by Matsukami »

There are differences in the versions. The French version has retained a certain Japanese form in the translations and in the music. Translators legally speak of marine knots for distances in space, which has provoked a reaction from Internet users keen on scientific truth. It doesn't shock me, it's still science fiction for young people. An English internet user told me that he preferred the English musical version and that is his right. But they said our generic was close to cat pee. I asked him to calm down. The 100 Years' War was declared for much more futile reasons.😄