Traffic Police???

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
Crash

Traffic Police???

Post by Crash »

does anyone remember a game from ages ago called Traffic Police? Ive been looking for it on the net to no avail so far. It was a 2D, top-down, scrolling shooter.The basic premise was that you defended a city, on a desert planet from an evil military regime. You got a type of armed hover ship thing and flew the streets blowing things up.
Dream big and bold and daring.
FZeroOne

Traffic Police???

Post by FZeroOne »

I thought I was fairly down on obscure computer games - I grew up in the transition period between 8, 16, and 32 bit formats and thought I'd seen a lot of strange things, but this one has been keeping me awake for a month now......can you drop a few hints? What platform was it on? 8, 16, or X number of bits? Publisher?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Traffic Police???

Post by Crash »

Runs in Win95 or DOS I know that much. Publisher Epic Megagames I think. Probably 16bits. Only other thing I remember was that the music was great.
FZeroOne

Traffic Police???

Post by FZeroOne »

Quote (Crash Override @ 20 April 2003,12:26)Runs in Win95 or DOS I know that much.  Publisher Epic Megagames I think.  Probably 16bits.  Only other thing I remember was that the music was great.You could have said, you know... I still can't find it, but I remember Epic MegaGames. They did one of my favourite games, Zone 66...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Traffic Police???

Post by Crash »

It was a lot like Zone 66 actually. The music was good in that as well.
Crash

Traffic Police???

Post by Crash »

If anyone's interested I found out what it was. It's Traffic Department 2192, and out of interest The guy who who programmed Zone 66 also worked on TD2192.
Matt Darcy

Traffic Police???

Post by Matt Darcy »

FYI - there is something very similar, and much later and more developed called "APB" (all points bulletin) quite a good game.
FZeroOne

Traffic Police???

Post by FZeroOne »

Quote (Matt Darcy @ 23 April 2003,14:51)FYI - there is something very similar, and much later and more developed called "APB" (all points bulletin) quite a good game.I'm not completely sure, but I think that might be the other round - "APB" was originally an Atari arcade game ( heck, I remember reading a *review* of it in a games magazine when it *first* came out ) and I'm pretty sure I saw it in an arcade before I even owned a PC...
Crash

Traffic Police???

Post by Crash »

APB - those are my initials. I'm having a look at that.