3d creations

Chat about creative work on other sites
Matsukami2

3d creations

Post by Matsukami2 »

Hello.
I open a new topic on 3D creations.
I have been working for a few weeks on a mecha that I did not have in the idea of realizing, it is the skull.
This ship that appears regularly in the show comes from a mysterious civilization. Everything around him is mysterious, as is his captain and the bond he has with force one.
It has an aspect of a ghost ship, somewhat in the style of pirates of the Caribbean of the 1980s.
A ship that’s been buzzing.
So before I got into bigger pieces, I thought I’d try the skull.
I felt that the hull was going to be difficult to model, I was not disappointed.
The model has many parts to assemble and paste, the shell is in two parts the small size of my printer tray.

The sails have several pieces and remind by their masts those of a junk.
The assembly is complete. I have not yet started painting, it is a work in progress.
Painting is a fundamental element of this model. Not obvious but interesting!
Concerning the base, I was inspired by the coat of arms that we meet on the planet M13 where this ship originated (if I am not mistaken). These coat of arms are found on Captain Halley’s bust.

For the photos, I helped myself as usual with all the screenshots that we find in the show, I did not see any photos from the top, little on the front (for the calculation of the width).
I also reproduced the machine guns at the front of the ship (from a model box), the machine gun was used by the captain in one of the very good episodes of the show.
I used plastic profiles and brass profiles for fixing the sails.

Time for Photos

Last edited by Matsukami2 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matsukami2

Re: 3d creations

Post by Matsukami2 »

The hull ship measures 30 cm and the overall length is 46 cm or 11.81 inches and 18.11 inches at home. I didn’t want a model either too big or too small. Obviously with 3d printing we print at the chosen size.
I do not yet have the link to share it with interested parties. There is work to enumerate all the parts. But I will share this creation.
I look forward to having a glass cabinet dedicated to all these 3d creations. This skull is really fragile.
Last edited by Matsukami2 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crash

Post by Crash »

OH YES!!!

I'm gonna write you a bigger reply when I have 5 minutes, but that is terrific! :D
Dream big and bold and daring.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Skull after airbrush paint.
A layer of grey primer, then the black basing technique (which I experimented here) with traces of black and brown on the model. The whole is covered with a final layer of white gray.
It lacks a layer of matt varnish, I could smear in some places, but sparingly.
Crash

Post by Crash »

This is a really amazing outcome.
I think you mentioned before doing a model of The Skull, and I was really looking forward to seeing it.

Actually, I thought it would be difficult but I also expected you to do an amazing job of it, and I have not been disappointed.

This is just how it appeared in my mind's eye.
I love the mottled, grey paint finish - and also the work on the base.

What's really interesting is the shape of the hull.
It looks a lot more like a spacecraft, rather than an ocean-going sailing ship when you look closely.

Amazing job, congratulations,
I will get the images added to the site ...
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Thank you crash. It’s nice. , Right now the forum is pretty, even too quiet and it’s important to have opinions on the hobby.

Concerning the front of the skull, it has a side reminiscent of the Yamato Space ship. It would also look a bit like the front of the solaris of the mysterious cities of gold. For the color gray or white gray, we find it in several xbomber/ Starfleet aircraft, (x bomber, astrofighter, convoy), it is colors seem influenced by starwars.

At the moment, I’m looking with a certain nostalgia at the San Ku kai series. I don’t know if it was broadcasted outside the Channel and under what name. It’s kitch, the means were very limited, it can be seen on the costumes. As far as space fights and mechas are concerned, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the same studio as Starfleet.

For the continuation of the operations, I will put online the skull in stl format. I also work on the imperial cruiser for 3d printing. I use my basic template as well as the documentation. As a fix, I will modify the shape of the rear fins and decrease the section of the skeleton parts. I also have the idea of a new base. In short, what to do.
Crash

Post by Crash »

That's very true, it is a bit like Space Battleship Yamato (also a good series).

I've seen San Ku Kai a long time ago. I wasn't massively taken with the show although it did have some interesting moments.
There wasn't anything that massively stood out from the show. Perhaps I was the wrong age to be watching it.
I mostly only saw it to check out the similarities with Star Fleet.

When I implemented The Skull in my game, I made it so that it can transform into a ship resembling the Azuris from San Ku Kai.
It's very useful in the game.
http://xbomber.co.uk/?a=181

I think places like this are especially quiet at the moment. A lot of people seem to be almost paralysed by government and media messaging at the moment.
You can see it with our customers and colleagues at work. People seem to be operating partly in a trance at the moment.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

I don’t know if you are logically referring to the current health situation to explain that the forum is a bit sleepy.

At the beginning of the Covid crisis, the French government blatantly lied to the public. The French health care system, which is very well known, has shown huge flaws. We realized that the savings made in the hospitals, the staff not replaced showed our fragility in the face of this epidemic.
The government said at the beginning that the mask was not mandatory, that we could do without it. A big lie. And this to hide the fact that the mask stock had not been renewed.

For example, at the beginning of the epidemic, French police officers were ordered not to wear the mask, which was likely to frighten the population.

I understand that we can be wrong, that we make mistakes in strategy, but not that we lie to the public.
After the masks, we realized that we were far behind in terms of research and vaccines. The world-renowned Institut Pasteur has not discovered a vaccine, unlike other countries, including the United Kingdom.
Third, we had a very big delay in the implementation of vaccination, at the time you were massively vacuuming, our system was inert.

So of course, at the moment, the French population is overwhelmingly vaccinated, one of the best European rates, because once you are launched like a heavy freight train, you are launched!

From home, certainly from afar, Great Britain has done what it takes to effectively fight the epidemic, like Israel, and like the Asian countries.
The choice was made in us on the health pass, we have problems with the anti vacs, since we did not choose (and I understand this choice) the compulsory vaccination.

I will not go into the conspiracy theses, it is against my ideas. Nevertheless, I wonder about the true origin of this epidemic in China, about the speed with which a vaccine was found. There are some very troubling things.
Crash

Post by Crash »

We think very much alike; you and I.
I admire you for speaking your mind on the subject.

All will be well in the end.
Have a blessed and wonderful Christmas with family and friends, is my advice.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Merry Christmas, and have a happy holiday season, also for all sfxb.uk participants. :)
Last edited by Matsukami2 on Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.