3d creations

Chat about creative work on other sites
Bradster

Re: 3d creations

Post by Bradster »

Fantastic! :shock:

I'm speechless.

You have done some truly great work here, Matsukami! Very, very well done.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Hello from Paris (....very exactly to Livry Gargan in the suburbs of Paris)
To continue the work on 3d and physical modelling, I tackled a big piece, namely the imperial cruiser.
I had done in the past the scratch model that can be seen on a dedicated thread of this part of the forum.

This time, through 3D printing and the 360 fusion software, I have made good progress on modeling.
I would like it to measure about 80 cm maximum and why not light it with leds.
I already printed a small version of 18 cm which seems promising (and more detailed than the model mark toys)
Here are some images.

The rest after lunch..
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

For the starting cavenas, I start from the side and front view.
Sometimes I run into the same problem as Bradster’s, that plans don’t have the same lines of perspective. For example, the eyes of the side planes cannot be positioned exactly in the right location because there is a mismatch with the front one.
At the level of the "skeleton", the "bones" are not placed at the same distance between them which requires to modify their location when transposed in 3d
I made a first impression on an ender 3 which has a tray of 20x20 cm. I received at christmas, a printer u20 plus which allows a printing area of 41x41x50 cm. It is more comfortable.
The model will be divided into three parts, the bow, the centre body and the stern, plus a shed, a bow hunt, the fin and the stabilizer fins.
I will print this model when I have finalized the design and especially when I finally have a showcase capable of welcoming all these beautiful people.

For the painting, I will opt for a greener version that even if it is not the real one, will be closer to the one we see during the show.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Hi Matsukami!

Amazing job, holy cow!

I really look forward to seeing the larger one in 3 sections.

I have a question:
Do you have a view of the top of it? plan view, top-down?
That might come in handy for me (for something).
Dream big and bold and daring.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Here are the views for you Crash, I think you can use them for the game.
Two remarks: the bottom view is not very detailed at the level of the greeblees, I do not have too many reference images.
For the side view, the eyes are a little bigger than on the reference image, I explained the problem.

Speaking of greeblies (pardon for spelling) I took my time to make them similar to the original plan.
It is long, but it adds to the realism.

Crash

Post by Crash »

Thanks very much Matsukami!
This guy knows already why I wanted it :D

The cruiser looks a little narrower than I expected it to be. My expectation is obviously completely wrong because this matches up perfectly with the heights and widths of all the other orthos, which look spot-on.

In any event, the ships in the game are meant to be related to the ships from the series, but in some cases more advanced.
The battlecruiser late-in-the-game is meant to be a newer, larger model, but I want it to look as much as possible as though it evolved from what's in the show.

This will be very useful.
I will try and set about working on that again this week. :)
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

I agree with you. It is true that the central body appears slender. I will work on it again.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

The body, as you noticed, looks small, so I found a feature that only enlarges it by 10% in width.
I also have a "interference" function that allows the parts to fit well.
It’s not easy when you don’t have a clear view of the show from above or below.
Crash

Post by Crash »

The detail on the 'pod/platform' that it has on top at the back is very interesting, as well as the detail on the rear wings.
You seldom get a good look there, with it almost always being shown from the front.

It looks great. I really look forward to ... further developments on this. :)