Yet another X-Bomber 3d build

Chat about creative work on other sites
Jiraiya

Re: Yet another X-Bomber 3d build

Post by Jiraiya »

We really need to get these sent to a 3d printer.

I've been kitbashing Gundam Frame arms girls and regular kits over lockdown and working on other kits.

If these were printed in a 1/144 or 1/100 scale. I could work some magic with turning the kits into full functioning models.

Some kits such as RG or HG grades have a fair amount of under parts with pistons and joints that can be used for elbow and knee joints.

Heck if the head was printed hollow with translucent eyes I could add a gundam head light gimmick.
Crash

Post by Crash »

That is an excellent point!

If someone found a way to export these to a site that then you paid to 3D-print some of the many 3D models of the ship and Dai-X etc.
The maker of the 3D mesh itself would have to receive quite some compensation as well for their mammoth time investment though.

That would be something I would buy.
When you see how much money I spend on X Bomber comics and hosting and other things for the site. People have not much reason to doubt me. :D

If something like that could be done for three figures, that would be ideal but I don't know how the economics of it work.
I'm terrible with money in general but okay at spending it.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

I will respond to Crash’s last comment.
After acquiring a scratch model of the Bombardier x , I embarked on the integral construction of the Imperial Cruiser and the Orion Fortresses, I opened two posts on this topic in this part of the forum.
I continued to follow the different works of each one including those of Bradster.
For Father’s Day, I received a very nice gift from my wife namely a 3d printer fdm (I quote the brand Crealty Ender 3) whose price is very correct about 130 Euros at this time.
There are many tutorials that help with the assembly, the parameterization and very quickly one can get out small models such as small animals
or small totoro (well appreciated by the family).
This is the first step, but what interested me was to design my own models, and you can imagine doing some Bomber X/Star fleet projects.
Having no 3d experience and always using excellent tutorials on you tube, I discovered the basics of fusion 360. After some tests I decided to launch myself in the reproduction of an imperial fortress, already realized in scratch. I modified some details, more angular body, less prominent head.
And then, looking at my documentation, I rediscovered the most important thing: the hunters made by Bradster. And here, what is wonderful is to have a view of those from the front, from the side, from different angles.
The picture does not show the pipes connecting the motors to the front. They were at the sight of my level rather difficult to achieve afterwards.
I then modeled the different other parts.
Does it take time, more time than an integral realization? It’s hard to say, but you’re much less likely to cut yourself with a mouse than with a cutter ...lol (lol, I don’t know if it’s said in English)

I wanted to make a specific base for the alliance (Uranor) that I could decline in all sizes.
Last edited by Matsukami2 on Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Finally, here are all the modelled pieces
A "cold" mounting
The difficulty here is to remove the support parts. For those who don’t know it ( and I didn’t know it), the principle of an fdm printer is the printing of very thin successive layers. It is impossible to print a layer in a vacuum, hence the use of media that must be removed from the model, which is not always simple.
The advantage of the 3d stl file is that we can print it at the size we want even if we are limited by the size of the tray (for me 20x20 cm)
So I came up with the idea of making a 14 cm astrofighter. A model with a pilot and the other with the moulded glass roof. It is this second option that I chose for painting.
As I was writing, removing the support of the astrofighter is a rather painful step, guaranteed nerve crisis. After 45 minutes, it is detached. Fortunately, for the other parts, no problem.
I took the Bradster model, I made some subtle improvements like say han solo. I find it quite acurate.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

The photos of the models finished after a layer of after, paintings (Tamiya Mister Hobby), a small blow of dry brusing. I used decals that I printed at work on a laser printer. The logo still comes from Bradster on the Crash site.
On the last photo, I have not yet painted the base, which will be metal gray.
On the picture the new one on the left and the one in scratch on the right.
I hope that Bongo Heracles will not see these models that would suffer the same fate as in the show.

To finish, I will share these models very soon on cults 3d.
They will be free for several reasons. First time on modeling was a pleasure.
Then, I believe that this forum is a sharing site, people take time to show their achievements to make live this forum and this series that is Bomber X/Star fleet.
It would be nice to collaborate with some of you with Bradster for example to release another 3d model. I have in mind to make an imperial cruiser (ambitious project but which will not take me 3 and a half years I hope) but also a Bombardier X that would adapt to the dai x of evolution toys. With the exception of the planet ship of the emperor which does not find thanks to my eyes, I would like to do also the skull/ cephale, with a rather atypical name but which releases so much mystery in the show.
In conclusion, I would say that 3D printers open new horizons. Star fleet/X bomber is very poorly represented in merchandising, one can modestly achieve things that do not exist.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Wow, this is really amazing stuff. :D
I think the gold bases are really nice finishing touch.
Do the tops of the three body sections of the carrier need any camouflaging/texture applied to them? I can't remember from the show. You tend to only see those vehicles from the front and side.

I would love to see The Skull done at some point. I think that would be really remarkable piece, but I imagine that the sails might not be easy to do.

I remember seeing a modeler in Japan building a X-Bomber model that scaled with the dynamite Dai-X.
Unfortunately, it ended up too big to be rigid, but with 3d printing you seem to be able to make large pieces strong and very light.
And then it's just a question of gluing.

Hopefully, Brad might check back before long. I'm interested to see how the Dai-X is going.

I like the curved front around the eyes on your original model. It makes it look a tiny bit more evil, which I guess is what we want.

Well, this is all fantastic, and I will get these images copied across to the website.
I'm glad that it's come in useful for reference.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Do the tops of the three body sections of the carrier need any camouflaging/texture applied to them? I can't remember from the show. You tend to only see those vehicles from the front and side.
I had asked myself that question. When I looked at the images, I did not see any camouflage on the top.
Except I just found a picture that proves otherwise.
I’m gonna add them.
Another thing, the hunter is downloadable on the site cults 3d. Here is the link:
https://cults3d.com/fr/mod%C3%A8le-3d/j ... rma-uranor
You must use the gcode under cura if you have a 3d printer. You have an option to have it printed if you do not have material, it is explained in the site.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

And this is the link to the fortress.
Enjoy

https://cults3d.com/fr/mod%C3%A8le-3d/j ... anor-germa
felice

Post by felice »

Matsukami2 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:42 pm The photos of the models finished after a layer of after, paintings (Tamiya Mister Hobby), a small blow of dry brusing. I used decals that I printed at work on a laser printer. The logo still comes from Bradster on the Crash site.
That's fantastic!
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Dayson on cults 3d downloaded my creations.
I saw that he himself put online a PPA robot.
I would never have thought of modeling a ppa!
I did it very quickly by adding antennas and a little paint.
A model without any pretensions;
Thank you Dayson, your original model is great.
Here is the link
https://cults3d.com/en/mod%C3%A8le-3d/g ... -ppa-robot

Maybe you should make a thread/ post dedicated to 3d SFXB creations?