Anyone down South want to take some photos?

Chat about collectables, videos
AndyThomas

Anyone down South want to take some photos?

Post by AndyThomas »

If so, this gentleman has a collection of the toys from Singapore for someone to have a look at - get in touch via Instagram RobotsRetrosSpaces there are some older images at the bottom of the collection already, plus the Evolution Dai-X.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Re: Anyone down South want to take some photos?

Post by Crash »

Hi Andy, how are you doing?
This is a good find, probably not a job for this guy; especially at the moment sadly.

I see he has a decent Star Fleet collection; dynamite Dai-X and the jumbo one with the rocket launchers on the legs for starters ...

I need to find time to do my scanning of the Japanese comics.
I am missing two issues of the TV-Kun one and they are not showing up.

But there is a Shonen Jump one in three instalments and the last one of those should be getting delivered tomorrow.

The Shonen jump one is actually very surprising, it puts a completely different spin on the show; like it takes place in an alternate universe with new characters and ships etc.
But it is interesting to look at.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Crash

Post by Crash »

By the way, Andy, how did you come across this chap in Instagram? I was wondering whether he'd messaged you, or perhaps you'd found him while browsing etc.

I'm badly de-railing this topic here, but it does still follow on from what I was saying before ...

I have the Shonen Jump X Bomber manga all scanned in and completed.
There's quite a few pages across the three instalments and it puts an interesting spin on the series.
It has quite a grown-up and wistful quality towards the end, but it could really do with translating into English so that we can see exactly what the characters discuss.
Interestingly, the Dai-X doesn't actually make an appearance anywhere: I have 4 out of 6 instalments of the TV-Kun manga.
This one is very bite-sized and action packed and very imaginative. The characters are a little closer to how they are in the show; maybe because the TV-Kun manga was done a bit later and the artist was able to study it.
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

He got in touch with me, a rarer occurrence these days but it does happen occasionally!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator