New Mecha Section

Details of updates to SFXB
AndyThomas

New Mecha Section

Post by AndyThomas »

I'd forgotten just how much time it takes to put a whole new section together... Anyway, here it is! I'd been meaning to get around to doing this for quite a while because the old, single page I had on "Ships" and the images in the ships gallery dated back to the dawn of the site and were in dire need of a refresh. The new Mecha section effectively supercedes the old gallery page, but I'll try and update the gallery page with better images in due course as well because it serves a slightly different purpose. This new section does feature a lot of images, but they're there to support the text rather than just being there for the sake of looking pretty! Anyway, see what you think - those working on Genesis and related projects may find this section of particular use...http://www.sfxb.co.uk/mecha/index.html
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Bradster

New Mecha Section

Post by Bradster »

Aha! I was wondering if this section was new.I must say you have done a smashing job on the Mecha pages. Just this evening I had started looking for some technical information about Star Fleet ships and weapons when I stumbled across that section. I must say that you have really created an invaluable resource there. The pictures and the descriptions are very well thought out.Again, excellent work! Three cheers for Andy!
FZeroOne

New Mecha Section

Post by FZeroOne »

Just seen the new Mecha section - I *had* been expecting a couple of pictures and a couple of lines for each entry......instead we've got a blooming encyclopedia!Glad to see lots of pictures of my beloved fighter carriers... Small note about the EDF recon ship - "AWACs" variants of fighter-type craft are quite common in anime, don't ask me why; most famous example if probably the Elint Seeker Valkyrie from the Macross: DYRL film. Well done, Andy, you've outdone yourself again! Glad I was able to contribute in my own very small way...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Bradster

New Mecha Section

Post by Bradster »

I think I've got a minor correction for you, Andy. I believe the Space Hopper is actually called the Space Chopper. I was reviewing that episode this afternoon and I'm pretty sure the "ch" sound was there when Lee and PPA said it.edit: actually, I just noticed that you've got it named "chopper" in the opisode guide too. So, I guess it's just a typo. (Edited by Bradster at 6:39 pm on Nov. 19, 2002)
AndyThomas

New Mecha Section

Post by AndyThomas »

Thanks for that. I probably get snow blind to these things - I found I'd used many variations on "LegTrax" (which is SFXB's own made up spelling anyway, really! ) when I looked back through the site. There's so much material now it's tricky to keep it all straight!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator