Here's an old outline of an early layout for the Dai-X's booster in X-Bomber the Game.
I shaded it and gave it some more greebles.
When I was clearing out my old rubbish, I found the PADD that I made when TNG was on BBC2 back in the 90s.
I did the graphics in a publishing package by Sierra that we had on a Win 95 toaster. It got printed on photocard and wrapped around ... a small chopping board or something that had the right rounded corners.
What I had for reference was a TNG trading card with a fuzzy photo of the prop since ... there was no internet.
Anyway, it was kinda-not-in-great-shape-anymore so it got binned, but not before I fed it thru the V750 Pro and fixed it a bit in Photoshop.
For my walkthrough of Terminal Velocity; forerunner of Fury3, I wanted screenshots from the game's cutscenes.
Unfortunately, unlike Fury3, whose cutscenes are in AVI format, TV has video files which I can't open in any application other than the game itself.
So I found a great application called Screenshotter, which generates timed-interval screengrabs in a range of image formats. You can have it capture a specific monitor or even a specific window. It also has a logic that suspends the capture when it senses that less than a certain number of pixels since the last capture.
I let this thing run while I triggered off the cutscenes one-after-another from the game's hidden video interface menu.
I put up an illustration of this space outpost a few months ago,
Since then, I found another old outline of it from a different angle, which I worked on a little bit in terms of shading and Photoshop.
Watched Star Trek: Enterprise a little while ago... This may not be a popular opinion but I thought it was a good series of Star Trek, albeit with a few rather annoying problems.
It was action-packed and the tone was at least sufficiently idealistic that it felt like a believable half-way point between the modern day and the 23rd Century.
Anyway, around that same time, I pulled out an old art asylum phase pistol (they blew one of these up as a prop in the show, to illustrate the overload feature without destroying an original prop).
They made the muzzle bright orange on these, which totally killed any sense of realism, so I took some Gundam paint and oil markers to colour the muzzle silver, colour the pins at the front bronze where the top cover hinges, and weather and dirty it down, so that it looked a bit more credible.
It's nearly Saturday, and that means ... Well, you know what that means. :D
This week, I found a great illustration of Makara by artist HATE73 on DeviantArt.
I like how it makes the character look more human/realistic but it still captures everything about the original.
Today is Star Fleet and that means Saturday!
No, wait, that's not quite right.
Anyway, here is a very impressive and quite recent illustration from Dave Kennedy that I found a little while ago on tumblr, (I think).
X-Project Player Ships
Extra Player Ships
- Create new article
- Display article list