Terrahawks Under the Sea

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Terrahawks Under the Sea

Post by Rachel »

The Little Mermaid = one of my all-time fave movies, so here's what it would be like with Terrahawks as the characters (adapting the Wikipedia description):Kate Kestrel, a mermaid princess, is dissatisfied with life under the sea and curious about the human world. With her best zeroid friend 55, Kate collects human artifacts and goes to the surface of the ocean to visit Hawkeye, who offers very inaccurate knowledge of human culture. She even misses attending a concert, at which she was meant to be the singing sensation/star. She constantly ignores the warnings of her father, King Tiger Ninestein and adviser, Sgt Major Zero, that contact between merpeople and humans is forbidden, longing to join the human world and become a human herself. Zero sings about how life is best under the sea.One night, Kate, 55 and an unwilling Zero travel to the ocean surface to watch a celebration for the birthday of Prince Hiro on a ship, with whom Kate falls in love. In an ensuing storm the ship is destroyed and Kate saves the unconscious Hiro from drowning. Kate sings to him, but quickly leaves as soon as he regains consciousness to avoid being discovered. Fascinated by the memory of her voice, Hiro vows to find who saved and sung to him and Kate vows to find a way to join him and his world. Noticing a change in Kate's behavior, Tiger questions Zero about her behavior and learns of her love for Hiro. Tiger furiously confronts Kate in her grotto, where she and 55 store human artifacts, and destroys the objects with his trident. After Tiger leaves, a pair of hissing cubes, Flotsam and Jetsam, convince Kate to visit Zelda the sea witch.Zelda makes a deal with Kate to transform her into a human for three days in exchange for Kate's voice, which Zelda puts in a nautilus shell. Within these three days, Kate must receive the 'kiss of true love' from Hiro; otherwise, she will transform back into a mermaid and belong to Zelda. Kate is then given human legs and taken to the surface by 55 and Zero. Hiro finds Kate on the beach and takes her to his castle, unaware that she is the one who had saved him earlier. Kate spends time with Hiro, and at the end of the second day, they almost kiss but are thwarted by Flotsam and Jetsam. Angered at their narrow escape, Zelda takes the disguise of a beautiful young woman named "Mary Falconer" and appears onshore singing with Kate's voice. Hiro recognizes the song and, in her disguise, Zelda casts a hypnotic enchantment on Hiro to make him forget about Kate.The next day, Kate finds out that Hiro will be married to the disguised Zelda. Hawkeye discovers that Mary is Zelda in disguise, and informs Kate who immediately goes after the wedding barge. Zero informs Tiger, and Hawkeye disrupts the wedding with the help of various animals. In the chaos, the nautilus shell around Zelda's neck is broken, restoring Kate's voice and breaking Zelda's enchantment over Hiro. Realizing that Kate was the girl who saved his life, Hiro rushes to kiss her, but the sun sets and Kate transforms back into a mermaid. Zelda reverts to her true form and kidnaps Kate. Tiger confronts Zelda and demands Kate's release, but the deal is inviolable. At Zelda's urging, he agrees to take Kate's place as Zelda's prisoner. Kate is released as Tiger transforms into a polyp and loses his authority over Atlantica. Zelda declares herself the new ruler and quickly grows to monstrous proportions.Kate and Hiro reconcile on the surface just before Ursula grows past and towers the two. She then gains full control of the entire ocean, creating a storm with a maelstrom and shipwrecks, one of which Hiro commandeers. As Zelda attempts to destroy a trapped Kate in the maelstrom, Hiro turns the wheel hard to port and runs Zelda through the abdomen with the ship's splintered bowsprit, mortally wounding her. After her death, Zelda's power breaks, causing Tiger and all the other polyps in Zelda's garden to revert back into their original forms. Later, after seeing that Kate truly loves Hiro, Tiger willingly changes her from a mermaid into a human. An unspecified amount of time later, Kate and Hiro have their wedding on a ship and depart.I'll probably do this for Starfleet too; but Terrahawks = a slightly better match, because Kate and Ariel = both renowned for their singing voices.
Crash

Terrahawks Under the Sea

Post by Crash »

Terrahawks Under the Sea predated Terrahawks by 20 years. They called it Stingray, lol.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Terrahawks Under the Sea

Post by Rachel »

Haha, good point! Were any of the characters similar to those in Terrahawks, or the Little Mermaid?
Crash

Terrahawks Under the Sea

Post by Crash »

Characters not so much but the premise, yes.They had a gruff guy in charge of them but he wasn't a drawling idiot like Ninestein.There was of course Marina who was effective the little mermaid but couldn't speak.It's one of my favourite shows by Gerry actually. You'd enjoy it.What was most similar was the moving buildings and awesome vehicles and the fact that they were under attack from aliens (just from underwater this time).
Vanessa

Terrahawks Under the Sea

Post by Vanessa »

I agree, Stingray was just great!If you haven't seen it Rachel, I highly recommend that you check it out.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Terrahawks Under the Sea

Post by Crash »

Sure that the Nerv Tokyo 3 HQ in Evangelion was taken straight from Stingray's Marineville but, of course, Gainax made it a million times cooler and still believable somehow.
Vanessa

Terrahawks Under the Sea

Post by Vanessa »

Hi Crash, not being familiar with Evangelion, could you post a screen shot of the Nerv Tokyo 3 HQ base, so I can compare it to Stingray's Marineville?It's OK if you can't, but I'd like to see the comparison, as I always thought that the Marineville HQ was so cool when I was a kid.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Terrahawks Under the Sea

Post by Crash »

Download the new Rebuild of Evangelion 1 & 2 in 1080p from isohunt.com.THORA fansubs has a very good fansub of it.Better to see it in motion with the soundtrack.This'll give you a small idea but better to see the fortress city in action in Full-HD.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FBgFyHT1PoAll the rest of the battle and transformation footage is blocked from the UK at least by Bandai.I think you'll enjoy those films even if they turn your mind inside out. The show was written by a very mentally unstable man after all.Every battle in that show puts my heart in my mouth.The music and characters are great too and it switches between incredible tension and impending doom and really crazy silliness and humour.

Vanessa

Terrahawks Under the Sea

Post by Vanessa »

Hiya, fast response! Thanks   Sometimes this forum is quiet for days, other times one gets an immediate response LOL!I will check out those films one day Crash, thank you for the heads up.But I did just watch the Youtube clip from your link.I can see what you mean, an entire city rising up out of the ground, very impressive.Much more elaborate than Marineville though, that was more of a base I think Still, They are both pretty cool in slightly different ways.I can see the connection though.My tech abilities are sadly lacking (I am the Forum Luddite after all...) so the chances of me downloading an entire 1080p movie are very slim, and I don't have a means of watching HD content either, my trusty old "Telefunken" CRT hasn't heard of such things   But, I do have a nearest and dearest who can do such things for me, and does have a fantastic Audio Visual setup, so maybe Evangelion will magically pass before my eyes one day   Just as long as I don't gum up the works by trying to put coal in it somewhere  

Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Terrahawks Under the Sea

Post by Crash »

Even the trainyards and railways as well as skyscrapers go underground while the huge walls full of artillery go up aroundabout.You need a quick PC to play 1080p as well... or a new graphics card to do it for you. I think Thora encoded them in 720p as well.