Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Rachel

Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Post by Rachel »

I got some organic tomato-flavoured Noughts'n'Crosses crisps from Sainsbury's, this week; couldn't resist them. I always think of the noughts as being the good guys.
Crash

Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Post by Crash »

It's nice to see other people thinking in the same ways I do.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Post by Rachel »

I've got some DVDs of Pee-wee's Playhouse, a fantastic children's programme that I discovered on holiday in America, years ago. In one episode, they play "Tic Tac Toe" (noughts + crosses), so the game is obviously known in the USA. I wonder why they changed the Terrahawks end credits in the country?
Rachel

Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Post by Rachel »

In the current edition of Pick Me Up magazine, there's an awful story about an unfortunate fellow who was tortured and killed by his girlfriend and 2 other people. One of the things they did was to carve a noughts-and-crosses game into his back!
Crash

Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Post by Crash »

I think the name of that magazine must be false advertising in this case.I have to say that really didn't pick me up!I bet that kinda ruined the guy's day.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Dr. Ben

Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Post by Dr. Ben »

In the US it's known as Tic Tac Toe. I played it when I was little.
Rachel

Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Post by Rachel »

I know, from an Orkney dictionary at work, that Woggie-Kattie-Mattie = another name for the game.
FZeroOne

Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Post by FZeroOne »

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Rachel

Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Post by Rachel »

There are now some other crisps, called Hoops + Crosses, available in at least 3 flavours. I haven't tried them yet; fingers crossed, that I'll be asked to bring crisps to the bbq this year....But I bet I'll be elected to take some boring healthy salad stuff!
Rachel

Noughts + Crosses Crisps

Post by Rachel »

Is it just my imagination, or did I once read somewhere that there were plans in the 80s (b4 the funding ran out) to make a spin-off series about the zeroids & cubes, introducing new characters such as a female Ruby Cube? That would have been cool.