Andersonic Fanzine -Issue 7 Star Fleet Feature

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
dukedexter

Post by dukedexter »

Hi,Just wanted to give the new issue of Andersonic a mention. Issue 7 of the Gerry Anderson-based fanzine includes a 4 page feature on Star Fleet which had more than a few things in common with Anderson's many series. The issue also features other articles on:-• Interview with Dominic Lavery, designer of New Captain Scarlet• APF Memories - one fan's recollections of the studio's 60s heyday.• UFO/ Close Up - is the music the best thing about it?• Alpha Incident Log - Strange goings on with a jewelled asteroid and a doppelganger with cold hands...• The Fastest Guy Alive - Fireball XL5 overview.• The Spirit of Thunderbirds - what the film missed and any new series shouldn't forget.• Space:1999/ The Infernal Machine - Classic episode review: Sentient computer seeks new Companion: apply Box 1999.• Alec Freeman Character Study - there's more to Alec than you think.• Space:1999/ Black Sun - classic episode review.• Stingray/ Titan Goes Pop - is it anything to shout about? Like, yeah man!• Reviews - Barry Gray Centenary Concert and Doppelganger DVD.• Things You Do - ...when you're a fan.The issue is £2.25 incl. postage within UK. It has 40 pages, colour covers, b/w interior and is available from the website http://www.andersonic.co.uk/ Back issues are also available. Thanks!
Crash

Post by Crash »

You guys certainly do a serious job of these magazines.I'm interested in the Thunderbirds article. Do you think there'll be another series? From the various rumblings I think there might be something properly in the works.I always wondered whether the new Captain Scarlet was a prototype for something else.
Dream big and bold and daring.
djdust

Post by djdust »

Got a copy of the fanzine through the post though I have to say I wasn't very impressed with the SFXB article as it was riddled with factual errors including calling Lamia's people "an alien race called The Skull"..? Erm, no, that was their SHIP!
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
dukedexter

Post by dukedexter »

(djdust @ Feb. 12 2009,13:47)QUOTE...calling Lamia's people "an alien race called The Skull"..? Erm, no, that was their SHIP! Sorry you didn't like the article - but the 'factual error' you quoted (calling Lamia's people "an alien race called The Skull") must be in some other article, because it's not in this one!
djdust

Post by djdust »

Yep, you're right, I quoted wrongly.  What you wrote was even more inaccurate than what I recalled from memory. You called it a PERSON called The Skull.Nevermind, mistakes happen. Cheers

F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Mark42

Post by Mark42 »

(Crash Override @ Feb. 03 2009,19:43)QUOTEI'm interested in the Thunderbirds article. Do you think there'll be another series? From the various rumblings I think there might be something properly in the works..There have been several attempts to redo Thunderbirds over the last few years with the rights currently given to some 'unknown' company. Gerry has no rights or current plans to do it but is looking to try and get UFO back on the screen, he's been given the ok to do it but has to find the money which is going to be rather difficult.