Vid of Interest

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Crash

Vid of Interest

Post by Crash »

http://www.veoh.com/browse....qpYKwfqStick with it - it's got big chunks of Star Fleet in Japanese plus a Japanese interview about how it was made with loads of shots of sets and models and puppets and so on that I've never seen before. Pity it's not in English.Honestly, don't pass this one up!
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Vid of Interest

Post by Shane »

Well done Crash! What a great find!!!Loved seeing the PPA and small X Bomber models. Makes me so sad that seemingly all the props were destroyed.I reckon something is on the cards for X Bomber's 30th anniversary.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Vid of Interest

Post by Crash »

The Japanese theme tune band need to be rounded up and shot. The clothes are amazing from back then - is that Go Nagai in the huge white collar?I wonder if we could arm-twist some fansubbers into translating the conversations.
Dr. Ben

Vid of Interest

Post by Dr. Ben »

Very cool find Crash! I downloaded this so if anyone wants it in a different format let me know.
Shane

Vid of Interest

Post by Shane »

It would be nice to know what they were talking about, but its a great little archive TV find at any rate. Love the adverts too. Don't know if the guy in the hat is Go Nagi or not, but it was weird seeming him on the screen after having pictures of him (courtesy of Gareth) on Big Dai X for years now.Yeah, that band's sound was out of date even in 1980.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Crash

Vid of Interest

Post by Crash »

Great minds... I might try and clean it up in Adobe something or whatever - get the colour back and so-on. Then again I'm kinda busy writing my game atm.EXAMS ARE OVER - TIME FOR X-BOMBER
Son Of Chronos

Vid of Interest

Post by Son Of Chronos »

OMG what a find indeed, dont even know how you came across this a VHS from the 80s, what luck someone uploaded it.Yeah Dr.Ben I was just going to say I hope someone saved that video, I know all to well streaming sites take videos down for whatever reasons, we defently dont want to lose something like that.I wouldnt mind a copy if you upload it some where.Also Crash did you contact the uploader of that Vid? maybe he has other stuff? who knows.LOL @ the band at the end, thats actually 70s style imo since that is 1980 right on

Crash

Vid of Interest

Post by Crash »

- Will upload and try to contact whoever it is.If you use Firefox - the DownloadHelper add-on will allow you to download any embedded video.
Bradster

Vid of Interest

Post by Bradster »

And in Safari, you can save it from the Activity window by double-clicking it (or option-double-click it if it tries to play in the window).Yeah, saving it was the first thing I did too, even before watching it.
Zordon

Vid of Interest

Post by Zordon »

(Shane @ Jan. 15 2010,22:40)QUOTEIt would be nice to know what they were talking about, but its a great little archive TV find at any rate. Love the adverts too. Don't know if the guy in the hat is Go Nagi or not, but it was weird seeming him on the screen after having pictures of him (courtesy of Gareth) on Big Dai X for years now.Yeah, that band's sound was out of date even in 1980.the little guty is go nagi and the taller guy is either Kimio Ikeda
Look an Alien cruiser!!