Region 1 DVD's

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Stephen La Riviere

Region 1 DVD's

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

The discs will feature two commentaries - one by Steve Begg and one by Bob Bell...I believe that's all that features on there. The complete series box set will be released in America early next year.
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
NC

Region 1 DVD's

Post by NC »

Do you know if these are the same as the UK discs or if they are based on new transfers?
Stephen La Riviere

Region 1 DVD's

They'll identicle.Any quality problems are now inherent in the masters. The original 16mm negatives have either vanished. There are 16mm tranmission prints, but these are incomplete.The only masters are the digibeta copies made from 1" transfers done in the 80s.So wherever you buy the series, it will look the same...The R2s will have better extras as well ;)
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
NC

Region 1 DVD's

Post by NC »

Can I just ask everyone to have a good search in their lofts and down the back of the sofa to see if we can find the original 16mm negatives... Out of interest do you know if the 35mm title negatives still exist? I assume the end credits were on 35mm as well as they were done by the same people?Also was there any attempt to get the CITV continuity links on the DVDs, they would be nice to see againNigel
Stephen La Riviere

Region 1 DVD's

>>Can I just ask everyone to have a good search in their lofts and down the back of the sofa to see if we can find the original 16mm negatives... <<The only original 16mm I've come across is the reels for the end titles.>>Out of interest do you know if the 35mm title negatives still exist? I assume the end credits were on 35mm as well as they were done by the same people?<<The 35mm master exists (though that's a positive). We had a new transfer done for Revisiting the Future which you willbe able to see when the DVD comes out. The quality is literally breathtaking. The end titles were done on 16mm - these were shot afresh for each episode and therefore didn't need to be 35mm like the opening titles.>>Also was there any attempt to get the CITV continuity links on the DVDs, they would be nice to see again<<I'm still following that up.... don't hold your breath though...