DVD

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

DVD

Post by Adam »

What's the point in doing a 'Best of Gerry Anderson' DVD!  I know for sure a Fireball XL5 box set would sell better.Dam you Carlton!!!! Well at least Revelation have done a fantastic job on the second series of Terrahawks.
Stephen La Riviere

DVD

Post by Stephen La Riviere »

>>What's the point in doing a 'Best of Gerry Anderson' DVD! I know for sure a Fireball XL5 box set would sell better.<<Maybe. But they are a business after all and they could license the series...>>Well at least Revelation have done a fantastic job on the second series of Terrahawks. <<Now, despite I do a lot of freelance bits for Revelation, I have to keep a balanced and honest view... So I say...How do you know they've done a good job of the secnd series when they haven't even been released yet?
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Adam

DVD

Post by Adam »

After looking at the covers on your website they're a big improvement compared to the first series.
Stephen La Riviere

DVD

Yes, the covers are a big improvement - but you don't know if the discs themselves will be any better, anymore than I do...
Filmed in Supermarionation: A History of the Future. Buy it at www.filmedinsupermarionation.co.uk
Adam

DVD

Post by Adam »

No I don't know what the discs are like but I think the discs will be just as good as the covers.
Stephen La Riviere

DVD

I have to say I'm not so sure of that. Revelation are dogged by a simple fact - they are presenting us with unrestored 16mm prints whilst Carlton provide us with pristine 35 mm prints...
Adam

DVD

Post by Adam »

I mean the menus and extras. I don't think they'd bother remastering them now.
Stephen La Riviere

DVD

I don't think the extras have been that fantastic - bar the scripts, though they're very difficult to read. And the menus are OK, but so much more could be done with them. ANyway, it's bound to be better than those awful videos doing the rounds recorded off air 20 years ago...
Adam

DVD

Post by Adam »

I hope they improve the menus for the third series (if they haven't already done for the second series) like have an animated menu and have background music on it.
NC

DVD

Post by NC »

Quote (Stephen La Riviere @ 09 Feb. 2003,19:21)I have to say I'm not so sure of that. Revelation are dogged by a simple fact - they are presenting us with unrestored 16mm prints whilst Carlton provide us with pristine 35 mm prints...Was Terrahawks even shot on 35mm I seem to remember it was on video or 16mm or quite possibly its my memory playing tricks on me...The trouble is restoring film is quite expensive even with the modern computer programs they run them through, however doing a new print from 35mm film shot in the 80s wouldn't be as bad as doing one from film shot in the 60s so they might not have the same restoration needed.Having said that the original film of Star Wars was really bad when they went to restore that so who knows how bad they would be, it would be interesting to know the source of these DVD prints because some of the first batch are quite grainy.Its a shame most DVDs of classic shows don't get the treatment they deserve this was why I was upset that Carlton didn't get the rights to Terrahawks because they would have done new prints, restoration etc. but with the recent new even that is a dream, unless they sell the DVD rights to another company. Nigel