Zeroids

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
NC

Zeroids

Post by NC »

Hi, I've popped back again Just wondering if anyone had any reference shots of a zeroid, hopefully a studio version, the fully remote version, with all the bells and whistles If nobody can help I'll have to study the DVDs CheersNigel
AndyThomas

Zeroids

Post by AndyThomas »

Ah. Does this mean that the on-the-stand versions are controlled by wires running through the column, while others are full remote? That would make sense... I had a quick look at my annual material but it's no more detailed than you'd get from DVD screengrabs. Are you thinking of doing a "generic" Zeroid, or the more character-driven ones? For example, the ones on Spacehawk look different, IIRC, to the Earth based Zeroids... As with Star Fleet, I imagine that there were several different scales of Zeroids used depending on what shot was needed. Phil Ayres might know more - his site's linked to off my Thawks page...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Zeroids

Post by Rachel »

Do you reckon we will be able to have cute talking robots as household companions, within our lifetime? I thought the zeroids would be able to melt anyone's heart, but my mum wasn't very impressed with them, she said each one was "just a sphere." No accounting for taste!
Rachel

Zeroids

Post by Rachel »

Yes, I wonder why Ninestein has a problem with Zero, in particular. He is besotted with Hudson, saying "this machine has class" (or was it style?), and he was willing to give 101 a medal, for realising that Lt. Hiro was someone in disguise. Yet, even when Zero has saved Ninestein's life, he gives praise very grudgingly, and still teases the Sgt Major, saying you have to be afraid before you can be brave. At least Zero has Mary to defend him.Zero and 101, in a way, remind me of my family's 2 male cats: both absolutely adorable, yet they don't really get on together (a territorial thing, in both cases). You're right, Yung-Star and I would obviously have to agree to differ about the zeroids; he would surely want the crosses to win every game. The cubes are funny in their own way, but the zeroids are much better characters. I think poor "Plootie-Wootie" has his nose put out of joint when Cystar has her own baby to lavish her maternal affections on; we don't hear so much about Pluto in the 3rd series.
Kinggodzillak

Zeroids

Post by Kinggodzillak »

We don't hear much of Plutey Wooty in 'season 3' cos he was blown to bits at the end of 'season 2'.