Look-In Preview

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
AndyThomas

Look-In Preview

Post by AndyThomas »

I thought you might be interested in this piece of history - interestingly it says that Terrahawks would be appearing on screens in "a few months" and the magazine was dated 13th August 1983, which suggests a slightly larger gap between Star Fleet ending and Terrahawks airing than I'd thought...http://www.sfxb.co.uk/80sfgfx/LookInTer ... review.jpg
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Look-In Preview

Post by AndyThomas »

Close, Star Fleet was late October 1982 starting although as discussed elsewhere seems to have bounced around the schedules a little in terms of when, and even if, it actually completed its run... So it seems that they were both autumn starts, that makes sense, you get a good run-up to Christmas and the toys-for-kids season! It was probably Christmas 83 when I was bought my Thawks toys...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Rachel

Look-In Preview

Post by Rachel »

I distinctly remember the 2nd series' episodes being aired during the autumn and winter of 1984. (One of my schoolmates moaned about me humming the theme-tune all the time!) I'm a bit hazy as to when exactly I saw the first series, but definitely after Starfleet had finished, as I was glad of something to fill the void.
FZeroOne

Look-In Preview

Post by FZeroOne »

"Galaxy" of Alpha Centauri...?!!I remember Look-In. And its ancestor, TV-21. Someone once gave me a whole load of those (since lost), complete with adverts for Dinky Thunderbirds toys that are all now worth a small fortune...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Kinggodzillak

Look-In Preview

Post by Kinggodzillak »

'There hasn't been a new Gerry Anderson puppet series since Thunderbirds.'COUGHcaptainscarletjoe90thesecretserviceCOUGH