The Best, the Average and the Worst of Zelda's Monsters

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Does anyone have a favourite monster; a monster that you think is ok or a monster you just can't stand?Here’s my list and opinion on all of Zelda’s monsters.The BestYuri: Because he’s so cute no not really, he’s one of my favourites because he is so unexpected out of all of Zelda’s monsters; I wasn’t expecting a teddy bear with Telekinesis, were you?Moid: He’s the only monster to have a personality (being depressed) as he was annoyed about not having a face in Happy MadeDay, wanting to take all his anger out on Ninestine in To Catch a Tiger and was even crying at the end of Unseen Menace.Lord Tempo: a great monster, great power looks more like a gangster rather than a time lord.Cold Finger: My favourite monster of all but not one of Zelda’s official monsters (didn’t come from her cryogenic store)  and actually succeeded in freezing the earth as he stated in the episode that he caused The Ice Age.The AverageSram: A good monster, the most famous one of all but loses points because he was in Play it again Sram (Well so was Moid but he didn’t have a major role)The Sporilla: Nothing much about this monster, just a wild space beast. Captain Goat: This guy is just a bit over-the-top at being a pirate and ends up killing himself (Walked the plank into outer-space)The WorstKrell: This monster is just hideous I mean it’s just a giant toupee The Space Cyclops: I hate this monster so much! The animation used on it is just awful especially in the way it blinks.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

The Yuri theme is probably the cleverest, because he initally looks so cuddly, and it disguises his true danger. With the other, scary-looking monsters, what you see is what you get! Mind you, Moid brings a lot of intrigue, too, with the deception element, imitating Hiro and then being invisible. The only bad guy I'm actually fond of, though, is Yungstar; and I like Cystar well enough, as long as she keeps her wig in place!Sram is the one who grosses me out the most, I can hardly bear to look at him; but then, that is the idea!
Adam

Post by Adam »

The only problem with Yuri is after The Ugliest Monster of all he wasn't as good as we all knew after that, that he had Telekinesis but what is also annoying is that after Ugliest Monster of all every one in the Terrahawks forgot his name like in Operation S.A.S after Ninestine explained what Telekinesis meant he then said "Whoever's doing it MUST be taken out!"and then in Terratomb Kate told Ninestine "The White house is locked up and it just happens there's a Space Bear loose in the grounds!"
Crash

Post by Crash »

I'd have to say Sram was was the best 'cos he was so #### scary. Radioactive blood, a shout to better any staff at my school and uh, butt ugly as well.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Kinggodzillak

Post by Kinggodzillak »

Thankyou. And I'm a good drummer as well.Rargh.
Kinggodzillak

Post by Kinggodzillak »

This occured to me at the start of Thunder Path - when the monsters have completed / failed their missions, do they just hop back into storage? Seems a little unfair, Zelda doesn't seem hostile to them at all (e.g her announcement of Yuri's return at the end of Ugliest Monster). Even when they fail, she's always happy to take them back with open arms (e.g MOID in Madeday). Do you think she eventually let the ones she really trusted (MOID, Sram, Yuri, Tempo) roam free round her base, keeping everything ticking over, doing odd jobs (like MOID in Tiger)? Seems to me all this freezing / thawing / refreezing wouldn't be all that healthy after a while.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

It's a good point, she can be tolerant of their failures, she even calls Yuri a returning hero. Yet she is quick to call her own son an "incompetent, slobbering idiot," when he doesn't succeed. How does her mind work?
Adam

Post by Adam »

She wasn't very tolerant to Cold Finger when he failed but then he was only a contact, not one of her monsters.Same goes for Sram in Thunder-Roar. Yung-star had respect for Sram's attempt by saying "Sram fought well."Zelda didn't care by saying "But lost!"
Kinggodzillak

Post by Kinggodzillak »

Be fair to her, she was knackered for some reason at the end of Thunder Roar.And we can't compare the monsters' failures to Yungstar's - as Zelda says, 'when it comes to failures, Yungstar is in a class of his own.' I'd say she did eventually let the 'big four' roam loose after a while, particularly if that time gave them the chance to work on schemes / plans (e.g MOID in Play it Again Sram, and Tempo in Time Warp) that would DESTROY the accursed Terrahawks!(Edited by Kinggodzillak at 9:02 pm on Dec. 8, 2002)
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Awww, does nobody else feel compassion for Yungstar? I'm glad Cystar praised him in Ten Top Pop (admiring his "genius" in recording the Earth music), because otherwise he seems to get nothing but knocks and slights.