2010 new site

News from other Star Fleet fan sites
Crash

2010 new site

Post by Crash »

Well it's beyond my coding ability to write that sort of gallery myself - it'd be a massive project for anyone but there is software that you can get for free - I think Coppermine Gallery will let you do it or whatever it was that I used to use on my site.It could have many users and you could sign up for an account etc and each account had different permissions just like a forum.Actually that idea ties-in rather nicely with Bradster's Wiki.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

I've updated the site today with Shane's first draft of Revewnge of Makara, as well as that brilliant X-bomber Model.I'll also have something great to show you all tonight pending youtube processing
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

2010 new site

Post by Crash »

Have you got a copy of that great picture Felice did of Captain Halley? That should go on.I woulda put it on my little gallery if I'd had a copy, lol
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

unfortunatly it was on my old geocities site and as you know that was forcefully closed by them last year. I can always ask her and see if it's still avalible.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

I've updated the front page, with some links to the fan fictions, update ect. as well as a nice new music video I made over the last few nights.The problem i have now is that this moonfruit site has barely any space so i can't add other pages unless I pay a monthly fee. plus at some point i want to upload the games (or at least link these)well enjoy.I do like these regular updates
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Happosai

2010 new site

Post by Happosai »

(Zordon @ Jan. 06 2010,13:25)QUOTEunfortunatly it was on my old geocities site and as you know that was forcefully closed by them last year. I can always ask her and see if it's still avalible.Have you tried looking to see if your old Geocities site has been archived by one of the numerous projects that were doing that before it closed (Google 'geocities archive')?[Happosai]
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

yeah I've had a look and nothing I can see.I'll have to start backing up content from now on.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

2010 new site

Post by Crash »

It's a pity that archive.org seems to have ground to a halt. Its most recent versions of sites are nearly 2 years old - even for such major sites like microsoft.com etc.Geocities was a terrible host - I remember - it was the UK version of Tripod.BTInternet used to give me a few megs of space when I was on dialup. It was so basic that it forced you into learning to use FTP but that vanished when they merged with Yahoo/Lycos/Geocities/Tripod.
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

or how about those damn angelfire sites? i think every fan made site i went to durring the late 90's was all angelfire provided.How do we go about making the new site though? I meen I'm not botherd about who does what.but I think a nice fan site with only 6 sections all with various pages and articles on making star fleet stuff would be a right laugh.brings back alot of great memories of me and mike working on the first site, having a chinese late at night while coding pages.I like who the new temp site can be set up in page master and you dont have to rebuild all the pages if you wnt to add a new one. I used to hate doing that on the geocities site I first had.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

2010 new site

Post by Crash »

Check ur Windows Live Messenger...am gonna start uploading it in a little while - try and get it working.