2010 new site

News from other Star Fleet fan sites
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

http://sfprojects.moonfruit.com/I dug out some old archive stuff and threw together a basic site.Just fan made stuff this time like the lego projects, fan art, fictions that sort of stuff.still working on a few pages.but the fan art and lego section is working fine.enjoy.feedback welcome
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Shane

2010 new site

Post by Shane »

I love the piece of fan art: BomBomBomberX_by_synthezoide That would make a fantastic wallpaper.

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

yep it would, i've been looking around asking amny if i can use the artwork for the gallery.only found a few so far
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

2010 new site

Post by Crash »

I googled some of those other artists - there really is a lot of interest in Star Fleet that doesn't register on this forum, lol.This is exactly why we need an sfproject site. But those moonfruit galleries are terrible - it wouldn't let me have a large version. Why not install or code your own on byethost.com - they've always had good advertless, free hosting.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

To be honest I've no Idea how to code anyway.unless someoens willing to give me a hand withthe coding im pretty much left with free templates for a site
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

I've added a new picture to the gallerry. one of my own sketches this time. man look how 10 years can help you're atwork lol.also linked crashes site and the forum link. i'll just be addeing the creative stuff so i'll get a Genesis link up later on for Andy.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Son Of Chronos

2010 new site

Post by Son Of Chronos »

Z this is a great idea, just what SF needs imo.Alot of the older SF sites havent been updated in a long ass time or even worse are no longer active at all.Its good you have the site linked to facebook and what not, theirs loads of people who have just started using the net (noobies) that never used forums but are on there, its a good way to get more info to them.At the same time its not out of the question that we could attract new fans.I think because the show is a "puppet show" and not animation, works in its favour and rather than look old, it looks unique, and can still appeal to new fans, its not like showing Gundam Wing and then showing Gundam (really what were you thinking CN) thus we need a web page that is still up and running.Doesnt matter if its basic......basic works best nothing worse than a site overloaded with flash, ugh no.That synthezoide pic really is epic and the best SF fan art Ive ever seen, makes you wonder who else out there has amazing art and what not based on SF, maybe the site will bring them out of hiding, who knows.

Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

I totally agree, I checked Andy's links pages and many of the sites are either dead or havn't been updated in like 3 years.The plan is to get as much content up on this moonfruit site then in the coming months myself and Crash will be migrating to a better Server and sort out the pages in some sort of simplified format.I've learned my lesson trying to make a difficult site. The Original SFP site from like 10 years ago was sort of a carbon copy of this site ut with stuff Andy didn't have like the Cast Voice actors pictures and Interviews.After Mike left for Hong Kong the site kind of fell apart and what with me working every hour of the day trying to move house with my GF the site just dissapeared over time.So i hope that this new site the new team are working on bings in a good few new fans.Fan made Projects, by fan for fans.heres a list of stuff Im currently working on or continuing to work on.Makara, Orion, termoid Puppet Replicas (well they arn't replicas as such more like wooden artist dummys covered in baking clay) Dai-X Revoltech Figure. parts borrowed from various mecha ERevoltecks and sculpted upon to make the first ever Fan made Dai-X Figure3 Mighty Mug customs Makara, Shiro, Dai-X (these will be a work in progress over the year)A wearable Dai-X costume. I'm brilliant at making armour from Foam since I have my own cosplay group. So this Wearable Dai-X will be great for conventions.New custom made intro's (after effects and some newly spliced footage to make up some nice new intros)Lego Intro (I made one of these a few years back. sure it was basic ut it looked ok for what i had)youtube show (Terry and mack show) God those termoid figures I made so need to have thier own show now)so plenty to keep me going over this year as well as getting the site migrated
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

2010 new site

Post by Crash »

Well I've been having a think about this siteI was wondering whether the best thing would be to have a gallery that people can upload their own stuff to by logging-on.So you have folders like Models, drawings, photos, scans and screen-caps of the show. And if people have a good one - they can add it themselves.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Zordon

2010 new site

Post by Zordon »

that's a great idea actually, I'm not to sure how to impliment that though. Any ideas?
Look an Alien cruiser!!