Favourite Mecha

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Dr. Ben

Favourite Mecha

Post by Dr. Ben »

I'm betting on Dai X as the winner but that's my guess... I'm personally voteing on those awesome Pluto Defense Fighters. "There's our unwanted guess boys, just sitting there. Let's give her a little laser torpedo show."By the way check out my T-hawks mecha poll.
Bradster

Favourite Mecha

Post by Bradster »

Oooh, tough choice!For me, it's between the X-Bomber, Dai-X, and Imperial Battle Cruiser. After some thought, I voted for the IBC.The X-Bomber is a thing of beauty. It has all sorts of nifty features and looks good. It looks more like a work of art, almost organic like a swan or goose, than a spaceship. Plus, of course, it's our heroes' main kit!The Dai-X scores points for being a transformer. That's just cool. The IBC wins it for me, though, for its immensity and raw power. It's enormous; yet, it's still maneuverable. I calculated the relative ship sizes a while ago and the IBC came to roughly 725 meters long. The IBC soars fearlessly among the stars much like a Borg cube or the Empire's Death Star. Practically nothing can harm it or slow its assault. Only from a direct blast from the X-Bomber does its commander show any hesitation.
Shane

Favourite Mecha

Post by Shane »

You know, I was going to vote Dai X, but thinking back to my childhood, I don't think there was anything more pimp than the X Bomber. All those weapon systems, including Millenium Falcon style gun turrets, X Impulse, etc. And it's goose neck styled main weapon. Oh yeah, and it carries it's own mini Star Fleet in the form of Braincom Mainbody and Legtrax who when combined form the ultima..... Hey you know the drill.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
FZeroOne

Favourite Mecha

Post by FZeroOne »

Absolutely has to be the Imperial Fighter Carrier. Such a great design, uses the pyschological design impact of small stinging insects to make the enemy flail their hands about uselessly instead of concentrating on attacking the invading Imperials!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Joe Meredith

Favourite Mecha

Post by Joe Meredith »

Battle Cruiser for me, hands down - in fact I would say this is my favourite spacecraft in any SF programme/film ever. Even when watching Star Fleet as a kid, it was always the Cruiser that caught my attention! I can remember being really disappointed when it was destroyed, the show seemed empty without it. In fact all the Alliance ships are impressive, with the exception of those ridiculous tanks that get beamed down from the Drone Carriers!Though In response to Bradsters post, isn't it mentioned when the cruiser is approaching Earth that its 1600 metres long?