Content added

Details of updates to SFXB
AndyThomas

Content added

Post by AndyThomas »

In amongst applying band aids to SFXB's HTML code, I've also added the 3D images various to the Genesis gallery and added pictures and contact details for Paul Green. I think the Next and Back functionality works OK now - see if you can break it (but not too hard please!) I can think of something that probably would, but...! So I think I'm more or less caught up now - more bits and pieces to come over the next week or so I think.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Content added

Post by AndyThomas »

As there seems to be a fair bit of tumbleweed rolling through here at the moment I thought I'd just mention that my Fantastic Films magazine(s) arrived this morning so I'll be adding the article to the site ASAP.I'm also going to bring in a couple of other things which have appeared in the forum but which haven't quite made it onto the site proper (like the SFX couch potato scan). Now that there'll be more than just the Manga Max article I'm going to split the Origins section into two sections to replace it - articles and interviews. Originally it just had the Manga Max article in it, but I think it's now at the point where it needs splitting to make it make sense - it's a bit of a catch all at the moment.Also in the pipeline are some ideas to brighten the place up a bit and beef up the 80SFXB section. Stay tuned...
Jim Box

Content added

Post by Jim Box »

Yep tumbleweed was a big problem at the weekend Jim
AndyThomas

Content added

Post by AndyThomas »

Right, true believers ;) It's not "plugged into" the site yet but you can have a look at my article on the Fantastic Films article here:http://www.sfxb.co.uk/origins/fantasticfilms.htmlLife is so much easier with my new scanner - it's an Epson Perfection 1250 for the curious. Miles better than what I had before. It's an interesting article, although the spelling sometimes leaves a little to be desired - notice the Americanisation of one Mr Anderson's name!
Jim Box

Content added

Post by Jim Box »

Excellent stuff Andy!Funny how reading the article states that the rights were sold/leased to the BBC for transmission on Thunderbirds home ground, wonder why they never took up on it?, Fear of upsetting "Jerry"?Or more probably they already had Thunderbirds in their portfolio and didn't want it. ITV seeing the chance to get one over on "Aunty Beeb" was presumable why it was aired on ITV.Jim
AndyThomas

Content added

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, and I suspect that early 80s ITV was trying quite hard to upset the CBBC ratings. If you think about it, CITV is relatively recent as compared to Schofield in the broom cupboard and similar - I don't remember ITV doing a hosted kids afternoon service around that time? There was No. 73 of course....Anyway, what I was really aiming to post about was that I've got some new pages prepared to go up but there are a few more alterations to the site I need to do in order to plug them in. There also some others which aren't done yet and I think I'll try and do them all in one go even though the first lot could go up separately. So probably have them up towards the end of the week or so. Some SF, some not...
AndyThomas

Content added

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, there you go, managed it last night! Seriously did my head in, getting that little lot up at speed. It seems to look more or less right, and I'll now be touching up little things here and there for a while. Has anyone been using/had difficulties with the Back and Next options at all? The scripts seems to work OK but I suspect it would break if more people used the site. Some pages also use it for the "On to" element at the bottom of each page...
AndyThomas

Content added

Post by AndyThomas »

Well, I discovered quite a few little things were broken following the update yesterday but I think I've now caught them all - hopefully! The Search option should work OK, the Action Show navigation is all sorted and other minor things are fixed. So feedback on the content would now be welcomed!