Since when did Andy have an Interview with...

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

If you don't know I'm a big PR fan that's Power Rangers not public relations. While on rangerboard I found a post by redeagelranger who said Andy's been in contact with Johnothan Freaks from STNG. The post was about Him directing an SFmovie. Is this true?What does seem funny is his choice of actors to play the puppets. there exactly the same as the character shet i found 2 years ago on sfxg.com.Also will Brian May be doing the theme tune?
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Seems too good to be true. It could be interesting if it doesn't turn into another Thunderbirds.I did some searching and found that original thread here:http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=76108Quoted in case it is moved or edited:Quote Johnathan Frakes will be at the helm directing and producing the long awaited live action movie based on Go Nagai's long forgoten puppet series X-bomber [jap] Star Fleet [uk-usa]"I realy liked the look and feel of the show". Johnathan Frakes in and interview with Andy Thomas of SFXB.co.ukBrain May of Queen has been asked to redue the theme tuned based on his own mini LP Star Fleet Project."Fans have often asked me if I would do another version of SFProject be morer upto date. I'd be delighted to contribute". Brian May also from and interview with Andy Thomas of SFXB.co.ukOn board to play the good guys of the X-bomber are some very good actors. PRIS's Christopher Kaymen will be angst ridden teen Shiro Hagen pilot of the X-Bomber.Sean (samwise LOTR) Astin as chubby John Lee Angel's J. August Richards will play super cool Barry HerculesScooby Doo's Velma, Linda Cardellini as goddess LamiaBrigget Fonda has been penned in as evil cyborg babe Commander Makara.all this sounds fab, even the Dai-X makes an appearence via CGI and some cool models. I personaly can't wait. If its anything like Thunderbirds it should be okI guess we'll just have to await the official word from Andy. If this is a hoax, Andy, you really should set the record straight at that RangerBoard site.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

I didn't really want to reply to this as I imagine this is just Dave attention seeking, but as you've raised it Brad I will confirm that I have never spoken to Jonathan Frakes nor Brian May about a live action version of Star Fleet. I'm not going to go on the Power Rangers board to deal with this, I leave it to the original poster to do that.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

Attention Seeking!! what? What exactly do you mean by that?This was all news too me too. I've contacted the author of the thread and he has stated that he got this information from you. So either he's having a bubble on our behalf or he's got his information wrong.
Look an Alien cruiser!!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Or perhaps, Dave, just perhaps, you are Redeagleranger - given that said individual describes a link to your deviantart gallery as his here:http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=66541and also has an offer for drawings elsewhere which is remarkably similar to the offer you have up on your deviantart site right now (this from the Rangers board):anime Commisions get em while there hot --------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'm starting up a commisions thread for anyone whose after ranger art, anime, hentai pics. no photrealistic pics people as there a pain to draw.now for the fun bit (for me that is) Payment he hehA4 b+w sketches £15A4 col pics £20 (they get photo shopped)A4 computer pics £25 (coloured in flash)PM me here for details.http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=65027And on your deviantart site:http://condorjoeg2.deviantart.com/People can draw their own conclusions, I'm sure.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

... hit and sunk.
Dream big and bold and daring.