Star Trek Bridge Commander

Chat about anything you like - within reason!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

A reasonable proportion of you must be Trekkies of one description or another, so can I thoroughly recommend that you check this game out if your system can handle it. It's set post-Dominion War and puts you in the Captain's Chair, with Patrick Stewart (Picard) and Brent Spiner (Data) also along for the ride at various points. The story is very good and the ship combat is very, very authentic - although there's no lateral thrust option! A little slow at times with a bit too much pointy-clicky-ness, but worth it nevertheless.More Info
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

Is this a new version? I thought Bridge commander was getting on a bit. But yes... If there's something I don't know about Star Trek it's, well... even less worth knowing than the rest.Oh. Can I fly a Valiant-class? I've always wanted to fire a Pulsephaser cannon. Ouw!
Dream big and bold and daring.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

*Thinks*Was the Valiant the Defiant class ship that took on a Jem'Hadar battlecruiser and lost? If so, I don't think you can play it in the standard Bridge Commander, but there are literally dozens of mods available which allow you to play starships which weren't available in the original...
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Yes, sorry, I did mean "generic Defiant-class ship" as opposed to the actual Valiant - I was just trying to remember if the Valiant was a Defiant as I normally remember those ships as Defiants rather than Valiants (!)Actually, now that I think about it, there's a site that had a reproduction of the Valiant attack run... here we go:http://www.geocities.com/galaxyclass706 ... s.htmlLook veeeery closely at the middle of the picture!Heh. Yes, I liked the Vorta's comment when the original Defiant was destroyed by the Breen/Jem'Hadar. "What a pity. I believe Captain Sisko was rather fond of that ship." Evil so-and-so! We've seen other Defiants though haven't we? Weren't there a couple, or at least one, in the Voyager finale?
Matt Darcy

Post by Matt Darcy »

I am a big fan of the startrek games, I play bridge commander quite a lot.I thought Away team was GREAT, and it took me 6 months to complete (I used to play it on the train to work) Armarda was a great game Armada 2 was a big step up, I loved the DS9 game another step in the right way of game playing, dominion wars was weak though stay clear. I enjoed Startrek Hidden evil too, again took about 5 months to complete.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Oh yes Defiant/Valiant class (depending which tomes you read) feature at least twice in Voyager: The episode where the doctor was transmitted across space to a distant prototype Prometheus class ship. During the episode a Valiant class came and helped stuff some Romulans.I think some Prometheuses were seen in the last ep. of Voyager as well as Valiants, helping pound that borg sphere into a small green pulp.
Dream big and bold and daring.