Cameo in Where's Wall-E? picture

Chat about creative work on other sites
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

I was ever so pleasantly surprised too see one of our favorite androids in the random mashup of robots I found recently on reddit...Plenty of other scifi/fantasy/toon 'bots in there, but I was a bit shocked to see Star Fleet get some attention! (Hoping this isn't a repost... I've not been around here much lately but I did look for recent posts.)

Crash

Post by Crash »

Nice find!Nearly everything's in there! Even a Robot Wars House Robot; Sgt. Bash.I wonder what that grey, tracked one is at the bottom-right with the red visor.At least... Haro (gundam), SloMo (Space Precinct), 790 (Lexx), Zelda Cube, The APEX robot (watched that the other night, lol - it has no plot that makes sense), Twiki and the other one from Buck Rogers,Scutter (Red Dwarf)Tachikoma, ED209, DRD, Alpha-5, Dick Spanner and whatever-he's-called from Short Circuit... all got a look-in.Am sad that Blinky from Bucky O'Hare didn't make the cut. Sorry, my bad - there he is a well!

Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Post by Bladez636 »

A "Star Fleet" related character in the same picture as an "Invader Zim" one... Never thought i'd see that from anyone but myself.. lol.I can spot Mac from "Space Patrol", Robert from "XL5", Major Sergeant Zero from "Terrahawks" and Dick Spanner.
FZeroOne

Post by FZeroOne »

I was just about to post a link to this...! Crash, do you mean "Bottom Left"? I'm wondering that as well... so many favourites!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Bottom-Left, sorry, yes.I'm still amazed he thought to put Blinky in, lol.
Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

Yes I can use Google. ;-)
Even in Death, I still Serve
Crash

Post by Crash »

Nice design but never heard of it.There's a weird blue-yellow ... floating thing with like a light-blue ... ether around parts of it over on the centre-right. What's that meant to be?Evil Edna from Willow the Wisp seems to have made the cut too. God, that takes me back to preschool. Amazed I can remember that.
Zordon

Post by Zordon »

missing one i can think of, R.I.C from dekaranger
Look an Alien cruiser!!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Saw this on Twitter. Must be a British robo-fan surely? HHGTHG, Ulysses 31, Terrahawks, Star Fleet all represented... Brilliantly done! And oh yes, just popping in to see what's what!
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Mach1na

Post by Mach1na »

(Crash Override @ Aug. 22 2011,19:03)QUOTENice design but never heard of it.There's a weird blue-yellow ... floating thing with like a light-blue ... ether around parts of it over on the centre-right. What's that meant to be?Evil Edna from Willow the Wisp seems to have made the cut too. God, that takes me back to preschool. Amazed I can remember that.Octus - Sym-bionic Titan
Even in Death, I still Serve