Genesis...

Chat about the Genesis project and storyline
AndyThomas

Genesis...

Post by AndyThomas »

I suspect quite a few people access the site from work and may not yet have returned, or are still suffering from an excess of mince pies - but you're all being very quiet about Genesis! Any feedback, at all?! I know it's quite long, so perhaps I need to give you all a chance to digest it! But please feel free to comment, good or bad.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Genesis...

Post by AndyThomas »

The problem with the last few chapters is that I have a very clear idea of what's going on - I can visualise it. As you say, text-only may be too limited to convey it. As I said right at the beginning on the storyline page, in many respects Genesis is short on description - partly because the people reading it are familiar with the general themes, characters, ships etc but also because it falls somewhere between a script and a full-blown story.I need to write a sort of epilogue to the whole creative process behind Genesis. I'm purposefully leaving it for a while, though, so that I can perhaps come to it again later with a clearer perspective. It's very easy to get too close to your own work when you do this sort of thing - as you say, a "beta reader" (nice term for it!) is often a good idea.My other large piece at http://www.adamantium.demon.co.uk/fiction/ was subject to that process; Retribution was completely re-written based on feedback received. But the way I wrote Genesis suited the time I had available to do it in. If you're thinking it's nothing all that new - that's probably a good thing, because it is intended to be close to the original series both in time and characterisation. So I've dropped the odd bit of new technology and background in, but more with a view to it being a jumping-off point for the future, if that makes sense... By all means drop me a line privately to chat about it.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator