Wow! Dai X Look-a-like!

Chat about collectables, videos
Son Of Chronos

Wow! Dai X Look-a-like!

Post by Son Of Chronos »

It depends on what Grade the model was? do you really want a toy? I dont.Then theirs the problem of general interest, unless the show is re aired re done or whatever you are talking about people interested from the 80s, maybe early 90s, the odds are against such a product happening.Then again in 2001 if you told me I could buy a SF soundtrack I would have laughed.
Zordon

Wow! Dai X Look-a-like!

Post by Zordon »

all the serge in recent material popping up and the merchandise tells me something bigs gonna happen.who knows just maybe theres some more stuff coming out
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Shane

Wow! Dai X Look-a-like!

Post by Shane »

(Son Of Chronos @ Jan. 10 2010,21:53)QUOTEIt depends on what Grade the model was? do you really want a toy? I dont.I used the term 'toy company' loosely. No. I wouldn't want a toy either.It would be of interest to a small group for sure, but if Ideon can get the treatment, then so Can Dai X.Yip, The DVD and particularly the Soundtrack were fantasy talk 10 years ago, then look what happened! (albeit 10 years later).Banpresto did release a selection of tiny Go Nagai related figures ten years ago, which included the Dai X, so you never can tell with these things.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Darthdc

Wow! Dai X Look-a-like!

Post by Darthdc »

I would get one if one was produced. It would be great if they could work out how to get LegTrak to unfold in to the legs.
May the Force be with you!
FZeroOne

Wow! Dai X Look-a-like!

Post by FZeroOne »

Have you ever seen the transforming feet on the Soul of Chogokin Gunbuster that Bandai did? A company that can do those - in all seriousness, the neatest bit of transforming toy part design I have ever seen - would have no problems with LegTrak...
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Darthdc

Wow! Dai X Look-a-like!

Post by Darthdc »

Never seen it - would like a link if possibleThe hands on mainbody would be no prob - seen how that could be doneMaybe have crawler track attachments to attach to Legtrak
May the Force be with you!
FZeroOne

Wow! Dai X Look-a-like!

Post by FZeroOne »

Hmm, not having much luck looking for images; it wasn't their similarity to any part of Dai-X I was thinking about; its more that they're such a clever piece of design (one review, apparently when translated, accused Bandai of - how can I put this? - "showing off"!) that I doubt any form of combining toy would represent a challenge!

"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Crash

Wow! Dai X Look-a-like!

Post by Crash »

I've decided my next kit is gonna be Sword Impulse Gundam in Master Grade. I like it better in the red and I don't like the look of that odd, winged backpack in Force Mode. It's all strange wings everywhere and the blue torso colour doesn't match up either.(Impulse does the same combining deal as Dai-X - better in some ways - in others not as well).I hated the mecha on Gunbuster but I do remember the one towards the end that formed from two aircraft or something. Weird show - just totally too extreme to get your head around. If anything the alien baddies were more interesting.This is the machine I'm thinking of. The kit's better than it looks in the show actually: http://www.collectiondx.com/review/2006 ... /BAN941668

Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Wow! Dai X Look-a-like!

Post by Shane »

That Soul of Chogokin Gunbuster looks great. Being a SOC though means it's out of my price range. Having said that, I'd certainly shell out up for a SOC Big Dai X.That looks like a mighty fine Gundam, Crash. Slightly unconnected to the thread, but I'm looking to get myself one of these soon:http://www.collectiondx.com/node/211I've always been a fan of this Russian doll style of robot since I bought a cheap market version of it when I was little.Gardian, Guardian or Gordian is one of my fave pieces of mecha, although I'm not a huge fan of the show where it originates from. The originals are pretty pricey, but there is a much cheaper recent bootleg available. along with his brother, Baikanfu:http://www.robot-japan.com/Gallery....nfu.aspCM have just made a very good version of Gardian/Gordian, but we're talking SOC prices here. And there's an SOC version of Baikanfu.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!