I have a Dream.....

Chat about collectables, videos
Mark Essam

I have a Dream.....

Post by Mark Essam »

Firstly, Greetings one and all.Like everyone else who visits this site I have been a fan of the series since it first aired on British TV all those years ago. I've been following this site on and off for a couple of years now (though this is my first post on the forum) and as time goes by it's becoming more and more apparent to me that we will never see an official release of Star Fleet in this country.We live in hope.So i've had an idea. Sorry if this has been mentioned before but i'm gonna post it anyway Suppose for a moment that some clever person somewhere had access to all available video footage and some proffesional video editing software.You could then for instance use footage from the japanese DVD release which is probably the best picture quality available, re-edit it to fit the uk release and then fill in the gaps with clips from video tape (intro's, endings and missing scene's)The video tape footage and audio could probably be ran through a filter to clean it up a little first, and then the complete original sound could be layed over the top.The result would be Starfleet as it should be with the best possible picture we're ever likely to see.However, i'm not sure on the legalities of doing such a thing and it would be alot of work. But just imagine..........
FZeroOne

I have a Dream.....

Post by FZeroOne »

It'd be nice, but for a non-professional even with experience it would be quite a huge project, and I'm afraid that even by anime fan standards, Star Fleet is relatively obscure, which makes it unlikely anyone would be willing to spare the time.I'd still like to see an official UK release, though I agree with you about using the Japanese source (subtitled would be nice... ). Mind you, having heard the Japanese music, I think its a rare instance where the West got a somewhat better deal...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
AndyThomas

I have a Dream.....

Post by AndyThomas »

I think the idea has been put forward before, but it would be an incredibly time intensive and difficult task as mentioned. It would really need a professional company to pull it all together...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Happosai

I have a Dream.....

Post by Happosai »

TBH, I'd much prefer someone to do a fansub of X Bomber, so we can see what the original plot is like.(Hi people...haven't been on here for a while! [Happosai]
Mark Essam

I have a Dream.....

Post by Mark Essam »

I'm sure their must be someone out there who could do it. Tricky part would be getting all the neccesary footage for such a  project all together in the same place. It's not exactly easy to get hold of.The Jap dvd release is virtualy imposible to find, and the original uk broadcast, i'm told, is obtainable but i've yet to find a source.I did contact dj dust (whom i think posts on this forum) some time ago about getting a copy of the uk tapes, but he did'nt get back to me.Any words of wisdom on this??  Let me know ;-)