File Sharing

Chat about collectables, videos
Crash

File Sharing

Post by Crash »

Sadly not - the soundtrack shows up quite commonly, but the episodes are never forthcoming.It's understandable really, the only places it's recorded are on old tapes or on pirate VCDs. - (the files for which wouldn't normally be included in anyone's computer's file-sharing-network folders). Even if they were the files themselves would be very rare. The chances of being online at the same time as someone who had them would be slim, and even then the availibility would be very low; resulting in a painful transfer rate.I think we should all rent some cheap bandwidth and start broadcasting the series ourselves. They do it with Buck Rogers actually, and with streaming media and stuff it can't be that difficult.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Crash

File Sharing

Post by Crash »

well we should use BitTorrent peer-to-peer files, so we don't have to provide all the bandwidth ourselves.
Crash

File Sharing

Post by Crash »

Couple of hundred megs I would guess - hey good work. Is a real pity this place is so quiet lately - could do with some more input. This isn't my area of knowledge at all.However I do wonder whether we could get some sort of ... sponsorship for our efforts in setting it up. I'm not suggesting turning a profit - but most star fleet sites are run by students. Is a bit bad for them to be shelling out for the bandwidth and all the rest of it.Perhaps we could ask Mr Blair.
Crash

File Sharing

Post by Crash »

yeah - I'm quite often on there - it's Piersbell@hotmail.comTo be quite honest I've never set up a torrent thing either. I just have an interest in japanese fansubs which are quite typically sent that way.In addition; I do know of a place that gives you several gigabytes of transfer per Day for a one-off charge of a couple of bucks. Don't know how fast, don't really care either - but one of my game-developing friends mentioned it to me.
13kg

File Sharing

Post by 13kg »

hey ppl...how about we get the episodes into a psp friendly format?? id be quite happy to host them...