1st class DVD Compatible VCD's

Chat about collectables, videos
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Jayce & TWW was class. My mate has one of the old tapes. He keeps telling he has it rubbing it in I think. One I would love to see is Voltron.
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Mysterious Cities of Gold. Well good
albedo039

Post by albedo039 »

Starfleet VCDs from S CoverdaleI've nearly finished watching Starfleet again, thanks to Simon and his super VCDs. Quality is very good and the service is second none. Thoroughly recommended.Now, what about Battle of the Planets on VCD or SVCD?PS, for those who like Thundercats, you can whip them all from Kazaa=Grokster=Morpheus.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Battle of the Planets is/was available on VHS - most places still have some copies although the company's not around anymore. Shame, as they were looking into the rights for Star Fleet. BTW, got my hands on a second-hand DVD of the Transformers series re-release. It's good but a little annoying, in that it's an "enhanced" version of the series which I think was put out during the Generation 2 toy re-releases. If you remember in the original, they used to use spinning logos to do scene changes? Well this version has cybernetic style ones, and even more besides. Almost wrecks it, and you don't seem to be able to turn if off either. Glad I got it second hand...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Don't tell me its the one with the CG intro. I seen some of them on Sky One some years back. It kinda put me off.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

The very same I'm afraid. Classic example of "style" for the sake of style...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
GenoGear

Post by GenoGear »

Just got the gen2 Transformers DVD. All that CG crap with the soundFX takes away some of the fun.
albedo039

Post by albedo039 »

ouch!!! Nerve touched there.It's only a discussion, bud. Don't take it too seriously. It is just a wish list, and if it's coming out soon then all well and good. Chill.
simoncoverdale

Post by simoncoverdale »

Hello All,Hurrah, I'll get my CDRs ready! Joke! I think BOTP has been far too heavily bootegged to be honest, and although it pains me to say, I'd love a DVD version of our show to get the release.Incidentally, in case anyone is interested, I'm going to have a crack at CDR phase 3!This is because. 1) Current CDRs simply play end to end, without a title screen or "scenes" that you can jump to and 2) I've noticed that the sound on volume 5 carries a crackle for about 2 minutes, which i'd obviously overlooked.So, if anyone can recommend a good universal VCR (I've currently got my eye on the Samsung 5000 I think its called) then please drop me a line.Incidentally, in case anyone thinks I've an obsession with Star Fleet, they'd be right... a little, but I also have "Emo Philips" on VHS coming shortly which is also a Yank (Sorry, NTSC) tape, plus countless others I'm interested in, so now seems like the time to buy.So, in summary the next generation of CDR's should carry smashing title pages and scene selection just like a 'real' DVD!Regards,SIMON COVERDALEwww.StarFleetDirect.comwww.TerrahawksDirect.comps. To those who do remember Emo from the late 80's, early 90's and are interested in seeing what the funniest man alive is all about, please email me. I'll be pushing the VHS onto CDR in the near future, but not 'commercially'