X-Bomber DVD Box set images

Chat about collectables, videos
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Wow.  It's more colourful than the average DVD box set artwork in the UK, isn't it?!  Of course today's the revised release date so someone's obviously got their hands on a copy pretty sharply.  Anyone know of any chart pages where we might find out how it's doing over there?  Have to say, I think Shane might have been better doing the front cover, the ships look as if they were pasted on a little randomly!  Interesting that Dai-X has got the chest cannons visible as well, that's quite unusual...As to extras, I'd hope they'd contact the English sites like they did with Terrahawks because between us we've probably got enough material to put together a serious extras section (although stuff like the Manga Max material would need a bit more permission). Brian May's music would be a good inclusion.What I'd like to know, and haven't been able to figure out, is who's responsible for publishing these DVDs? Same people as the laserdisc originally? Anybody?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Shane

Post by Shane »

I have one on order too Just too be a completist. It's at quite a MARKed up price though. ;)You must have nabbed one of the 2 copies that Anime Jungle had up for sale. I've ordered mine from cd japan, it appears that the boxset is a limited initial release, so whether the individual volumes are going to be available to buy seperately in the future remains to be seen.I'm not holding out much hope for extras, as the designers appear to be using the same libary images as before. Like Andy said the SF sites could give these guys a run for their money, both in hard to find images and overal design.A perfect extra for the DVD would be a gallery of images from Gareth's Japanese Star Fleet magazine special, which are featured on my site.Anyway it will just be good to actually own an officialy licenced Star Fleet/X Bomber DVD.Shane.(Edited by Shane at 2:31 pm on Nov. 30, 2002)
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Shane

Post by Shane »

Hiya Gareth man. It cost me an arm and a leg, with shipping and handling costs it's abound £180. But put into perspective it is 6 discs, and you are looking at the best part of a £100 for the Buffy and X Files boxsets.I bet I get hit by customs though. >>What I'd like to know, and haven't been able to figure out, is who's responsible for publishing these DVDs? Same people as the laserdisc originally? Anybody?<<I don't know for sure Andy the only thing I can make out on the Laserdisc set is Enoki Films. Maybe they have more of a distribution role in Japan than they do in the US/UK?Shane.
CondorJoe

Post by CondorJoe »

mike will back me up on this. on my last trip down too see mike i picked up a load of vcd's. Getta Robo Armagedon, Evangelion death and rebirth, Maginkiaser and a DBZGT. I would definatly check out china town in london as they would more than likely get some shipments in. If your lucky a few X-bomber vcd's.
Shane

Post by Shane »

It will certainly be interesting to see if any X Bomber bootlegs spring up on ebay now that a potential DVD source is available for the pirates to use.Shane.
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

In fairness, I believe that in Korea VCD production is actually quite common but X-Bomber has clearly come out on DVD rather than VCD which are 2 completely different formats even though the discs look the same. There wouldn't be much point in pirating X-Bomber over here because it isn't the version people remember in language terms, although I suppose those who like their anime as pure as possible might go for it...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator