Favourite Character

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
felice

Favourite Character

Post by felice »

I suspect that most of the Imperial cybernetics, including Makara's arm, were probably "upgrades" rather than replacements for damaged parts or control mechanisms - much like the Borg in Star Trek. Only the symbiote-things were mind control devices, as shown by Carter having full control over his artificial arm when his symbiote was killed.As for Harlock... not bad, but he's clearly in desperate need of a decent hairstylist.
Crash

Favourite Character

Post by Crash »

Captain Harlock? That looks fully mint, man. And whoever it was was right: Lamia is a lightweight, do-goody, cardboard character with no personality, depth or history whatsoever.(Just my personal opinion)
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Favourite Character

Post by Rachel »

That's funny, I would have said Lamia had more history than the other characters: she is the one whose infancy we know the most about, we see flashbacks to when she was a baby, found by Prof Hagen, and even earlier, when the wizard foretold she would be someone special.I think Lamia should wear the blue dress (seen in the harp-playing flashbacks) more often, it's lovely!
Crash

Favourite Character

Post by Crash »

Yes, it's just the fact that she's always supposed to be whiter than white. That's what gets me.And she is totally bland n' boring, you gotta admit.
AndyThomas

Favourite Character

Post by AndyThomas »

Actually, I think in many ways Lamia is one of the more three dimensional characters. Although there are times when she's very vulnerable, it's often because of her strong ethical views. But she gets her share of the action too - driving out to X-Bomber when it crashes on the Moon for the first time, trying to repel the Alliance boarders and so on. When you think about it, it's actually a nice twist at the end because once she's F-01 it's her who saves the lads, rather than the other way round which is how it's been up until that point, for the most part.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
GenoGear

Favourite Character

Post by GenoGear »

Makara all the way. Hummm must find a fit bird to dress up like her.
prinzemathieu

Favourite Character

Post by prinzemathieu »

For me: makara. " le terrible commandant gorgona"
Crash

Favourite Character

Post by Crash »

Good choice, man. I can respect that. Welcome to the board by the way.