Help shape the Star Fleet DVD

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Crash

Post by Crash »

Still is a fan exclusive - I tried to buy that but it was gonna be a year's membership + cost of disc - I think that was gonna be £50 or something.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Oooh, this is all just terribly exciting!    Thanks a ton for sharing the picture and details from your email, Dr. Ben! Posters, comic book, and postcards? Wow, that's all really an amazing package. I'm so glad I decided to preorder this.And thanks for the updates on your preview screener, Andy! The possibility of getting the soundtrack at some point is just icing on the cake. Like all you guys said, it's certainly not necessary, but it makes this whole endeavor even more fulfilling. If the soundtrack does come to fruition, that would truly make this package the ultimate Star Fleet collector/fan package. Short of some behind-the-scenes footage that I imagine doesn't even exist, this would cover everything I could hope for (and more) from a remastered rerelease.I just hope the thought of making the soundtrack some sort of "fan club" paid-membership exclusive isn't what will happen here. It seems a terrible shame to artificially restrict sales like that. Although, I suppose it's an easy way to rake in some extra revenue from the true die-hard fans. But how many die-hard fans are there of Star Fleet as opposed to other shows like Terrahawks? Ironically, it would be great if our community was small enough to not warrant the overhead of such members-only exclusives.
djdust

Post by djdust »

I would happily pay f**King HUGE sums of money for the soundtrack on CD, as long as it was complete of course!!
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
felice

Post by felice »

(Dr. Ben @ Dec. 09 2008,16:11)QUOTEBTW this came in my inbox the other day... I'm drooling.Oooh, nice looking set! Though where's the X-Bomber love? Not a single picture of the star of the show? There'd better be something inside the booklet.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I know! The ship itself got none of the glory ever, at all did it?Yeah, I know what you mean.But - There is no spoon. - Fabulous Films aren't going to set up a fanclub about one show 28 years late to sell one compact disc at inflated prices... hmm, although... stranger things have happened.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Shane

Post by Shane »

No, certainly not enough interest for a fanclub, but putting to one side the various parties that would need paying such as the composer/rights holder of the music etc, the cost of editing, mastering and duplication (for a limited run) is going to run into a couple of thousand quid. A CD at 10 pound a pop would have to shift 200 units say, to make any kind of money back. Are there more than 200 potential punters out there? I ruddy hope so.Yeah, that's a good call about the lack of X Bomber on the packaging. I guess they're hoping the DAI X will rekindle the memories of the casual buyer.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
jack18

Post by jack18 »

consider my copy of bought i'll be there at HMV 9am monday the 19th january. is that the dat its still coming out. fabulous films have done a really good job on the packaging. how did you get that sent to your inbox?Andrew
Shane

Post by Shane »

Just got an email regarding the soundtrack CD, anyone else had one in their inbox:Dear Sir,we are happy to announce the forthcoming CD release of the orginal soundtrack recording from 'Star Fleet'. Paul Bliss of 'The Moody Blues' is busy remastering his superb synth incidental music featuring many of the catchy sub themes including the closing song titles with original vocal performance by Andy Brown. The CD will be a limited release available in the first quarter of 2009 - to make sure you don't miss out pre-register for your copy at starfleetcd@googlemail.com No advance payment is required, an email will be sent advising of availability and ordering details. Price and final track listing TBA. Regular updates will be supplied!All the very bestTHE STAR FLEET CD TEAM

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Ooh, thanks, Shane! Email sent. I can't wait! I sure do hope they're open to selling to folks like me across the pond.
jack18

Post by jack18 »

have just been onto the DVD times website and they've got the release date for star fleet as the 9th february. someone please tell me that is the right date or whether the 19th jan is.Andrew