Hmm?

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Crash

Hmm?

Post by Crash »

Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Hmm?

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Dec. 04 2012,22:26)QUOTEhttp://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00A9PS4X6/http://w ... .htmlApril 24, 2013, says Google Translate.Dang, this is exciting -- even so my work might be forenot because of this which is kinda irritating to me. Obviously I'll still be going forward with the English remaster DVD's.I wonder what it will look like -- any better, worse or the same as the French DVD's remaster which I thought looked fantastic.I kinda doubt a remastered English version will come after, just my usual pessimism.Not sure really to what point it's been remastered -- Remember what was said about the English version from Fabulous Films -- it ended up being really not that remastered- really about as rusty as the originals.http://sgcafe.com/2012....-on-dvdThis blog entry on the subject has some screenshots that don't seem very promising to me. Assuming they're not from the original DVD to illustrate the point, they look relatively the same really. If anything they could have re-printed the transfers and cleaned them more thoroughly.Just saying it could just as well be a re-release of the discontinued box set from Pioneer. It's even got "Space Quest for F-01" like their previous releases.But I'm no expert - if it turns out to look nicer than the original DVD and similar enough to the French DVD's -- I'll gladly use it toward my own remastering of the English series.Either way, I'm happy because it makes the Japanese version less of a rarity and the DVD manageable to any fan wanting it.
Crash

Hmm?

Post by Crash »

I think you should see this as an ingredient for your project and not a replacement for it.I'm not sure how the guy would have got screenshots of a Japanese DVD that's yet to surface.I hope the Japanese do a professional job on the remastering.They've made the usual half-hearted but reasonable stab at remastering Gundam SEED for Blu-Ray.I gather that, for the UK DVDs, the masters were sent abroad and the company made a complete mess of the remastering.So, they delayed the release until they could get someone else to do a really quick remaster, which probably only brought them back to the original quality as seen in 1982.I suppose you could call it a restoration, rather than a remaster.It amazes me, the difference between the UK, French and Japanese footage.I mean, how do you wind up with three sets of master tapes that are so completely different?
Bladez636

Hmm?

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Dec. 06 2012,23:26)QUOTEI think you should see this as an ingredient for your project and not a replacement for it.I'm not sure how the guy would have got screenshots of a Japanese DVD that's yet to surface.I hope the Japanese do a professional job on the remastering.They've made the usual half-hearted but reasonable stab at remastering Gundam SEED for Blu-Ray.I gather that, for the UK DVDs, the masters were sent abroad and the company made a complete mess of the remastering.So, they delayed the release until they could get someone else to do a really quick remaster, which probably only brought them back to the original quality as seen in 1982.I suppose you could call it a restoration, rather than a remaster.It amazes me, the difference between the UK, French and Japanese footage.I mean, how do you wind up with three sets of master tapes that are so completely different?Well I do really, just spent time doing frame by frame remasters of the scenes missing from the French remasters off the Japanese DVD so that would have been a waste of time -- it's just a bit irritatingLike, they're screencaps from the distributor or something, that was more along the lines I was thinking really.I always assumed that the copies got muddled as well. When I think about it, they used the term restoration more than remastered so meh.I dunno, wish I knew -- the UK versions had that odd rustiness to them with inconsistent hues - whilst the French one maintained the blue-ish tint the series had in Japan. It's odd since they're both countries using PAL standards.When the DVD set comes out, would someone be willing to send some MPEG rips from the DVD to contribute toward the remastering project -- that mainly being if the transfers are remastered like the French DVD. Obviously I don't expect Crash nor anyone else to buy it for me like he kindly did for the French DVD for my remastering project. 11,554 Japanese Yen which roughly translates to $140 US Dollars or £87.32 UK Pound Sterling is a bit much to ask anyone for something that in my mind probably costs more like $30-$40 - of course hoping my translations of currency are correct

Crash

Hmm?

Post by Crash »

I'm gonna be ordering one for myself. Why don't we just see if that set magically duplicates itself?
Bladez636

Hmm?

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Dec. 07 2012,20:15)QUOTEI'm gonna be ordering one for myself. Why don't we just see if that set magically duplicates itself?You're saying you'll burn copies for me, as you did with the original Japanese DVD?
Crash

Hmm?

Post by Crash »

I'm not saying I did that in the first place.

Bladez636

Hmm?

Post by Bladez636 »

(Crash Override @ Dec. 08 2012,15:57)QUOTEI'm not saying I did that in the first place. Ah, nudge nudge wink wink