Chat about creative work on other sites
Matsukami2

Re: Makara cruiser 3d

Post by Matsukami2 »

Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Crash wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:08 pm :o :) :D

I would *love* to see a top-down, plan photograph of this, so that I can line it up against the big sprite for the battlecruiser that I have in my game.
I wanna see how close I got and where I can make some improvements. :)
Crash.
For the top non problem.

For down plan, more difficult because the model has been adhered to the socket. I will post pictures down plan work in progress.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Hi Matsukami,
Don't worry about getting an image of the underside of it. That's ideal.
I want to tell you that this is an amazing piece of work. That's some incredible talent and hard work and perseverance on your part.

I do a 'Star Fleet Saturday' on Facebook every week (in principle). Would you mind me using some of these photos and mentioning your work on there?
Failing that, I encourage you to go on the X Bomber group on Facebook and announce it yourself. :)
Dream big and bold and daring.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Hello, Crash.
Thank you for your compliments. :) Many hours spent in this hobby, many going back because the result did not suit me. But at no time did I discourage myself, I had faith. Just, sometimes I thought I had seen a little big.
Bomber X is the series of my childhood and it is for this reason that I have been on this forum since fifteen years (under several successive names following loss of identifiers).

Of course Crash, you can use all the photos for Facebook that I follow very regularly your posts on Star Fleet. I still like it.
Finally I saw in your site that the cruiser appeared in your "hall of fame" models. I am very honored. I already had the x bomber but I didn’t realize itmyself.

Next step.
The Alliance Cruiser. It is a model with such a special insect design that I would love to realize.
Not simple even if they seem less complex than the cruiser. No lighting but also no plan. We’re gonna have to go after screenshots again, encyclopedia, and plan 3d . :D
Crash

Post by Crash »

I'm very much looking forward to seeing that.
You may well have seen this already but I remember that Brad Smith did a lot of work creating the "fighter carrier / drone craft" ant-like ship:
http://xbomber.co.uk/?dir=Star%20Fleet/ ... ad%20Smith

Perhaps some of that might help.

He also did a very unfriendly-looking (but it also looked very authentic) 'Hive Runner' enhanced carrier, which you can see there.
I liked that design a lot and I built it into X-Bomber the Game.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Just sit back and watch how many likes this project is going to get ...
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 5098957210
https://www.facebook.com/piersbell/post ... 2317437538
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Thank you Crash. I wanted to thank you for the information necessary for the realization of this model. :)
The screenshots made at each view of the imperial cruiser were not sufficient. In addition to the plans, one had to have access to the encyclopedia for the rear views. The port side appears less in the show. Your poster allowed me to see how to paint this side.
I also wanted to represent a turret with double guns on the port side, which is used at least once in the show to spray a fighter or the skull, I can’t remember. This cannon was taken from a model of the battleship Tirpitz, and embellished with some embellishments.

At the beginning of such a project, I did not intend to carry it out myself, because I did not really know how to realize the bulb shape at the front. I reconnected with Laurent Perini who had done for me the x-bomber, but he had other plans. He had told me during the realization of the x bomber precisely that he would have preferred to make the imperial cruiser whose design he liked very much ( I had sent him a complete file on bomber x whose plans of the imperial cruiser).

This greatly motivated me to make this model which existed only in tiny model mark toys. I realized the bulb finally as to make a boat hull with couples and edge in styrene blade. The whole was chewed.
Next, use of photoetching for windows and cutting of the bulb.
I could have shown pictures of work in progress during the post but since it was my first scratchbuilding, I wanted to be sure it was completed.

Indeed a lot of messages that are very nice. This shows the interest in this show forty years later. A few more finishes to anticipate, a larger mirror for the underside of the model, a "imperial cruiser" plate and can be a glass or plexiglass display case or a dedicated piece of furniture.
felice

Post by felice »

Matsukami2 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:05 am Today I am able to show you the pictures of my completed imperial cruiser.
Wow! Amazing work!
Crash

Post by Crash »

felice wrote: Wow! Amazing work!
:D :D :D

I'm really happy that the stuff on xbomber.co.uk was able to help in some way.
The website earns the cost of its hosting sometimes :D
I'm trying to build an archive of Star Fleet and X Bomber stuff from all over the world slowly, because social media updates and other fan sites have a way of being sometimes very short-lived and they don't have much permanence.
I know in my own mind that xbomber.co.uk won't go anywhere because I look after it.

I would be very interested to see any further changes that you might be planning to make to this model.
I noticed that you'd put in the gun turret on one side (from episode 5, I believe that is, when it opens fire on The Skull).
I think the idea of the model in the show is that the shutter on the left side may open to reveal another one.
Perhaps they built the model in the show to have one side with the turret retracted/covered and the other side with the turret presented.
I'm not at all sure on that though.

I noticed that the message that I shared on the Star Fleet facebook group attracted 44 likes in 30mins.
That's amazing-going.
It really is surprising how much new fan artwork and creativity you still find, based on this show. If not for that, Star Fleet Saturday would be an uphill struggle.

On a slight tangent, (although it is about Bomber X, rather than Star Fleet) ...
I've started ordering as many of the Bomber X comics from eBay as I can get my hands on.
It's just to see what they're like since hardly anyone seems to know much about them.
The first installment arrived the other day and you can see that I scanned its cover and used the output to replace the small version that was there before:
http://xbomber.co.uk/?dir=Star%20Fleet/ ... -%20France

I have the first "Album / Collection" edition one as well, although it's taking forever to arrive, and I've located a seller who's happy to send the 2nd volume over to the UK.

one thing I can tell you is that the story seems to follow the first four episodes of the show (at least) but has some interesting changes and bits added in.

So that's a little project that I have going on in the background.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Thanks Felice for your message.
Crash, concerning the albums Bomber X, I had bought them at the time, I would have said around 1984, I was nine years old. I had bought in summer holidays, the book force one, so the number 3. Then I took the album (book I and 2 reunited) and the number 4 (corresponding to the attack of the convoy).
Now, I have the album and the number 4, the last since nothing has been published. The album was at 15 francs and the number 4 at 12 francs (about 2 euros current). I did not find the number 3 (which has my memory was the best).
If you want crash, I could take a picture or scan the pages.
url[=https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/09/yyj0.jpg]Image[/url]

My opinion on this publication.
With my childhood eyes, these books and especially the first were a treasure. I had not bought a puzzle or a Bomber X disc that made me dream. I had however several episodes that I recorded on VHS.

Already in the first page, to have under the title Bomber X and TF1 the broadcasting channel of the time, the thumbnails of the main protagonists.
There was no French translation of their name, cyril is shiro ginga, bigman lee, bongo heracles, dr ben, lamia instead of Floriane, Bullmar instead of ppa, captain Mary (for Gorgona), carzule devien Cozuro and King Artus becomes germa king, so no trace of Uranor.

Then, regarding history, it is roughly followed at the level of the 4 episodes, roughly because it is very simplified. There have been big savings, Carrier alliances and hunters have a completely different design, the hunters are pink (?)The imperial cruiser is always in the shadows to avoid drawing any detail.For the episode of the convoy, the great Dan (Dai X) is not represented, obviously it was too complicated when you botched the work. I had already noticed at the time, that the quality of the drawings was down on the last delivered. I waited a long time for the continuation, I wanted to contact Greantori Publishing at the time to ask them if there were any books to be published. obviously, there was no internet at that time

no cell phone either, no Facebook, how else could you live? ) The explanation actually comes that Bomber X did not have a great success.Two broadcasts if I don’t say silly, or third deprogrammed after a few episodes by TF1 during the program "club Dorothée" without explanations in 1987 or 1988. On these comics, it’s not terrible, it’s botched and much less drawn than on English comics, even if the story was relatively followed. Well, that’s my opinion, but no one could say: Wow what a marvel! No one says that.

ok the thermoids are not bad.