Makara cruiser 3d

Chat about creative work on other sites
Matsukami2

Re: Makara cruiser 3d

Post by Matsukami2 »

Reflection in parallel.
Having made screenshot of the cruiser by screwing the integral of the series, I noticed as in star wars that one side was more detailed. It is the same side that is shown in both directions, by inverting the images, while the cruiser has two different sides.
This technique was used for star destroyers.
Thus the painting on the hidden side will be a little free style
felice

Post by felice »

Matsukami2 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:31 am In conclusion, there could be two colour pallets
a blue grey, my initial idea type aircraft carrier, navy of war in general
or
type grey slightly green
What do you think?
Personally I'd go for the slightly green tint.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry to be late to the party but things have been very tumultuous at work.

I think what you see here is that, in the shooting of the footage of the show, they seem to use some to use some very powerful lights. I seem to remember reading that, early-on, in the making of the show, they managed to melt some of the rubber puppet heads just from the lighting. (I think, on SFXB, one of the interviews with the crew might mention this).
Now, that lighting seems to have a higher, goldish colour temperature (I would think about 2500K), meaning that your grey battleship takes on a faint but definite greenish tint in many scenes of the show.

However, when it gets set up for the publicity shot (the still image, where the fighters next to it show as being blue), it must get lit with a much more natural colour temperature, which is bit less flattering; closer to daylight colour temperature (3000K).
That way, you see that, in truth, it's just painted grey.

I agree completely with Felice, though, given that, in all the iconic scenes of the show, where you see it travelling in space, it has that green tone, I think I would be inclined to give it that green tone in the colour that you paint it.

I hope that that helps you in some way.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished outcome. I've gotta tell you.

How is everyone doing by the way?

Edit
I'm looking at it again...
It's really a khaki colour, isn't it? It's not even completely grey. There is a faint green element to both light and dark shades; nomatter which images you look at.
The yellow lighting that they seem to use for the space scenes; as opposed to the planetary shots that come slightly later in the show seems to bring the green out more.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

As for the basic colour, the RAL 7038 colour looks good to me. Then for the dark color two choices, a grey RAL 7046 or a more khaki tone 7033. The first one should approach the show, the second one the one you see on the screen.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Also be careful to take a lighter shade than the one observed.
Crash

Post by Crash »

Looks a good match to me :)
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

Good morning.
Today I am able to show you the pictures of my completed imperial cruiser. Measuring 1 meter, it is at a scale 1/2600.
It is lit with led and fiber optics.
This project, starting from plans and screen-shot up to the final varnish layer, began on 29 August 2017 to 7 February 2020.
A small plaque and a plexiglas display will be added.
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

This image under the cruiser with a view of the command post. I allowed myself to age some more parts according to screen copies. The logo was made in decal.

As always I use the online translation software "reverso", my English being aproximative like any good frog that respects herself;)
Matsukami2

Post by Matsukami2 »

This is my first scratch-model. I had previously only a few kits from the shop. I used for the construction of styrene plates of different thicknesses, battleship kits, truck, formula 1. Also some recovery parts, yogurt jars, plastic sample dressing sauce.

I made drawings on the computer for photoengraving plates to have windows well rectangles or squares. For the skeleton, I moulded pieces of resins to be identical (finally as much as possible...)
My will was to make an identical model, acurate. I tried to comply even if there are errors that fans will see ( there is a skeletal bone shift). For the rear wings, I realized too late a mistake of form when consulting the photos of the encyclopedia. It’s too late to fix it.
The kits were used for the greeblie (I don’t really know the expression), basically the part that is under the cat-fish bones.

The paint was done by airbrush, I used Tamiya colors. I tried to find colors approaching the original model. Some may find it too light gray, but it appears like this during scenes on planets, it is darker in space. We have already talked about it. I will post retouch photos to make it more vintage.
Crash

Post by Crash »

:o :) :D

I would *love* to see a top-down, plan photograph of this, so that I can line it up against the big sprite for the battlecruiser that I have in my game.
I wanna see how close I got and where I can make some improvements. :)