Audio Remastering

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

I'm in need of some help when it comes to Audio Remastering- I need some audio clips from the US VHS tapes for certain areas. Why? Because, while the DVD is mostly good quality in audio (apart from the hiss which I've mostly edited out for the first 6 episodes)What I need is these two things:The part of episode 7 when Barry says: "That's bad, we can't fire the laser blast below quantum power". That bit of audio sounds damaged on the DVD where it fades in and outLastly, I need the audio of all of episode 24 from the US VHS. There's something about the one on the DVD that I can't really explain. The audio sounds rather muffled in a sort of way.Hoping anyone has old US VHS rips on hand or old bootleg DVDs from before the official DVD, could they perhaps fulfill that request. I purchased a bootleg from the site timesforgottendvd thinking it would be a Region 1 conversion of the official DVD. But it turned out to be a simple transfer of all the VHS Volumes. I had gotten rid of it some time ago, not seeing such an endeavor on the horizon. I can't find any rips online.I'm hoping for one of great audio quality for a VHS rip, similar to the DVD I had gotten rid of - those to be fair were the best possible quality of the VHS tapes. I'm assuming that they must have been available elsewhere onlineI'm not asking for a person to rip the tapes; I'm merely asking for the audio pieces requested for my remastering project. How to do that; select Stereo Mix as the Input Device while playing the DVD in the drive on the computer.
Zordon

Audio Remastering

Post by Zordon »

I might have these on my disks at home. not sure though as these didn't include a few cut scenes as seen on the dvds.I'll let you know
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Crash

Audio Remastering

Post by Crash »

Sorry I couldn't help you with this one. I'm a bit young to have been a VHS collector at that time or whatever, I guess.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

(Zordon @ Mar. 12 2012,16:44)QUOTEI might have these on my disks at home. not sure though as these didn't include a few cut scenes as seen on the dvds.I'll let you knowMost of Episode 24 is intact, i'd surely need to use some of the DVD audio.That line from episode 7 is intact as well
Vanessa

Audio Remastering

Post by Vanessa »

I have the Thorn/EMI VHS tape of Star Fleet, which is some kind of stand-alone initial compilation of the first few episodes but with no inter-episode credits. But I'm guessing that this isn't what you are after...
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

(Vanessa @ Mar. 14 2012,00:36)QUOTEI have the Thorn/EMI VHS tape of Star Fleet, which is some kind of stand-alone initial compilation of the first few episodes but with no inter-episode credits. But I'm guessing that this isn't what you are after... It wasn't.I'm rather regretting getting rid of that bootleg DVD.Can anyone help me find a rar of the Volumes online; it's bound to be out there somewhere from before the DVD, just not anywhere I'm searching.The versions of the DVD I bought that was bootlegged was probably the best of the VHS transfer quality.These two clips on YouTube are actually the same on the DVD I had.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxNU5Sex ... 7jOkZordon, I've seen the video quality of your VCD's, which are god awful (at least Volume 2 from what I've seen), but how is the audio condition?
Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

http://cosmobells.blogspot.com/2007....715b3b2I found downloads for them, but they take a while; I'm going to download them at some point, because they're in 6 rar's that all need to be downloaded in order to access them.If someone could do it for me and record the audio I requested in stereo mix, that'd be great. But I'll probably be the one doing it.
Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

Last night I got Volume 8 downloaded and thus recorded the audio and removed the hiss; which was really evident. I re-edited the audio and I am really impressed with the end result of my work. I utilized bits from "Space Quest for F-01" in areas thanks to the Japanese DVD's that Crash sent me (the six extra DVD includes the compilation film with subtitles - but the audio is slowed down to sync with the NTSC masters so everything sounds odd - I obviously sped it back to its original PAL speed in Audacity)The master I got a hold of was what was on that bootleg DVD, so I'm really pleased.
Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

I've pretty well accomplished what I was looking for, so this forum post is no longer valid.
Bladez636

Audio Remastering

Post by Bladez636 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?1paqdrzx8i6aboqIn addition to the episodes themselves; I will be remastering Brian May's music video for Star Fleet (where needed; the custom scene animations and Brian in live action are quite up to todays standards) and unlike the episodes themselves, it was possible to remaster the mono audio to stereo using the Album version. I had to take the mono sound effects into it; they're not as loud as they were initially to avoid it from sounding too wet; which it does in some areas.