Terrahawks to Return on Audio

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
Crash

Re: Terrahawks to Return on Audio

Post by Crash »

- or more like a robot with male USB
Dream big and bold and daring.
ChrisDalek

Post by ChrisDalek »

I'm still scratching my head at that comment - have no idea what they're referring to!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

When Yung-Star initially meets King Richard, he declares "But he's so handsome...." Now, at the end of the episode he says "It doesn't matter about that stupid king!" That could lead some people to conclude that he'd made a pass at the king, and been turned down. (Oops, I shouldn't put the idea into anyone's head! :oops: ) But *clutching at straws* I don't think Gerry Anderson would have intended to antagonise the parents of primary-school viewers; GA was desperate to make a comeback, at the time, after all.

I LOVE the audio episode (on volume II) about the girl zeroid, 35 (Zero's admirer); and it's funny when Zero says that Hiro & 101 should set their wedding-date! :lol: Beth Chalmers has done a wonderful job, taking on the voices of Kate & Cy-Star; but for the character 35, I think I'd have chosen someone like Russi Taylor as a voice-actress.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I'm still excited about the possibility of Terrahawks blu-rays.

Is there any clue about when those could be released? I saw some very good comparison videos on youtube quite some time ago and then nothing further.
ChrisDalek

Post by ChrisDalek »

Crash wrote:I'm still excited about the possibility of Terrahawks blu-rays. Is there any clue about when those could be released?
Series 1 out on July 27th!

http://networkonair.com/shop/2455-terra ... 05340.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyntg06H5M0
Rachel wrote:When Yung-Star initially meets King Richard, he declares "But he's so handsome...."
Oh, yes, I knew that. Though my fave part of that scene is "He called me a 'nin com poop'!" followed by his little nod. :)

But I mean in the new audio episodes; can't think of the 2 characters who are supposedly in separate LGBT relationships? Obviously the cross-dressing thing is genuine though. ;)
Rachel wrote:I LOVE the audio episode (on volume II) about the girl zeroid, 35 (Zero's admirer); and it's funny when Zero says that Hiro & 101 should set their wedding-date! :lol: Beth Chalmers has done a wonderful job, taking on the voices of Kate & Cy-Star; but for the character 35, I think I'd have chosen someone like Russi Taylor as a voice-actress.
Yay, thank you! I was wondering what you'd think of her; we have the nurse, obviously, but I felt it was waaaaay past time to have a female Zeroid out there in the field with Zero and 18. It feels like the sort of thing the show would have ended up doing eventually had it continued, so hopefully she fits into the show well enough!

35 was kind of my gift to Beth so it was very much written for her. I felt so bad for hardly including any of her characters in Timesplit, and also felt that she deserved a recurring character that was entirely her own and not just one she'd inherited from Anne Ridler; Lois Price is still around during series 2 as well, but I didn't know that at the time!

And the best thing is - so much of 35 was ad-libbed. "Ooh, this is brilliant!" "I do! Oh, I see, sorry!" "...take it round and make it perfect and pop me straight in!" etc etc etc, all came from Beth. She took the words I wrote and added so much more to them, and I love the final result. :D
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Personally, I think Princess Keeli's far better-looking than King Richard (does anyone here beg to differ?), so maybe what's sauce for the gander is sauce for the goose, too ;) .... In a Youtube commentary, re Terrahawks' comeback on audio, Robbie Stevens remarked that 101 had become more camp! He said Yung-Star was still "gurgly & spitty", with no more brain-cells than before.

I'd like to know how 35 gets on with the nurse zeroid: would they giggle together, and share secrets & make-up tips?
Crash

Post by Crash »

That Blu-ray is vey good value; less than £1 per episode.
I need to buy it just to see Hawkwing launch in high definition.
I think Terrahawks deserved an HD release more urgently than other Anderson shows since the DVDs were ... not DVD quality.

Terrahawks might be different but it was just as enjoyable. Even when I was little, you could tell that it was supposed to be a different kind of show to Thunderbirds. It was a bit scarier, which was fine because I saw it when I was about 7; a good couple of years after I saw Thunderbirds.

I find it interesting now that I still saw Thunderbirds and Terrahawks as being in the same 'family' even though they were so different and many years apart.
On the other hand, I saw Star Fleet around the same time and I always looked at that as something foreign that was vaguely similar but a good bit different.
Despite the fact that it was packaged for the UK, it was apparent, maybe through my parents, that it was made abroad.
That didn't mean that I enjoyed it any less than the Anderson stuff. Infact, I think it left such a lasting impression on me because it was so mysterious and unheard-of.

Otherwise, it could have been Terrahawks the Game, rather than X-Bomber.

Long before I was started with X-Bomber the Game, I wrote a similar game based on Stingray, featuring the enemies from the comics and the TV show such as the super terror fish, mechanical crab etc.
All the game mechanics were based on the Stingray Companion by Dave Rogers.

I might dust it off and build a condensed version into X-Bomber as a barely-hidden extra.

So, how to visually tell a male-voiced and female-voiced zeroid apart?
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I really need to p-p-p-pick up a penguin costume, from somewhere! I've remembered the heart-melting Youtube video Unexpected Christmas Presence - Terrahawks #MontyThePenguin, in which Yung-Star's voice is heard singing "It's real love" to 2 stuffed toy penguins.

A female zeroid has eyelashes: that's a way of telling them apart! ;)
ChrisDalek

Post by ChrisDalek »

Rachel wrote:I'd like to know how 35 gets on with the nurse zeroid: would they giggle together, and share secrets & make-up tips?
One moment I love in Renta-hawks is when Battlehawk drops Zeroids to rescue the cruise liner passengers, and there are a lot of female voices in there including 35's. So she's clearly had a talk with Zero between episodes about equal opportunities. ;)
Rachel wrote:A female zeroid has eyelashes: that's a way of telling them apart! ;)
And 35's got her red lips too, which I assume would be cut out of a red lighting gel or something...
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

There's a lovely little Youtube cartoon, Zeroids vs. Cubes (in which the zeroids dress up as Pac-men for an 80s party). Roll on another mini cartoon episode, with the addition of the red-lipped 35, please! :)