Terrahawks to Return on Audio

Ever popular - so much so, it deserves its own forum!
ChrisDalek

Re: Terrahawks to Return on Audio

Post by ChrisDalek »

Was lucky enough to be invited to work on the Terrahawks audios - so much fun! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3aFXpXk_TQ

The audios are available from quite a few online retailers, but the best place to get them from is the Big Finish website.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/ter ... me-01-1066

If you buy the CDs directly from them you also instantly get downloadable versions to listen to straight away!

Plus, episode 2 is available as a free download! So no reason not to dive right in!

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/ter ... arted-1227

Series 2 finished recording on Friday - lots of exciting stories coming up, along with some new baddies and a few familiar faces from the past... ;)
Crash

Post by Crash »

Thanks for a very interesting post, I'll be sure to check that out.

I just managed to get ahold of Timothy Zahn's Empire trilogy of Star Wars audio books on tape again. They probably got ditched when I moved.

Without being able to say what the new movie is like, for me the three original movies, those three books and one or two of the games make up the heart and soul of Star Wars.

So, what are your areas of responsibility on this project and what goes into making audio drama that people might not expect?

Sorry about the slow approval btw.
Since we never get spam signups anymore, it's time to turn that feature off.
Dream big and bold and daring.
ChrisDalek

Post by ChrisDalek »

Crash wrote:Sorry about the slow approval btw. Since we never get spam signups anymore, it's time to turn that feature off.
No probs!
Crash wrote:So, what are your areas of responsibility on this project
Mainly writing three episodes, one in season one and two in the upcoming season two, plus occasionally helping out with other little bits and pieces. I did a couple of extra things on the second season too that I'm not really able to talk about (yet) but both were a wonderful unexpected bonus to add to an already-amazing experience. :)
Crash wrote:what goes into making audio drama that people might not expect?
Well, in this instance...an awful lot of goofing around, basically. The cast (who are all utter professionals and so brilliant at what they do) all still get on terrifically well so there's a lot of silliness throughout the recording sessions. Though considering the show they're performing maybe that isn't so surprising... ;)
Crash

Post by Crash »

I'll have to order this first disc for my birthday in the new year.

It's nice to hear that the cast remember eachother and get on well.
It sounds a bit like the Next Generation crew, although they had seven years+ to make the bond.

Are you much of a fan of Star Fleet as well as Terrahawks?
ChrisDalek

Post by ChrisDalek »

No, I've only ever seen clips of Star Fleet. Would like to see more, and I do have it on my Amazon wishlist should anyone feel tempted to treat me to it! :)

I believe Robbie and Jeremy still meet up every so often, and Robbie's worked with Beth Chalmers (the new Kate & Cystar) before too. Beth fits right into the group like she's always been there, while Denise is just the sweetest most lovely lady ever - except when she's playing a certain android, that is. ;) They're all really nice people individually, but the four of them together gel really well as a group.

Some news about the upcoming second season, including a familiar guest star;

http://www.gerryanderson.co.uk/expected ... errahawks/
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

If they ever make a third volume, I hope it will include a Terrahawks version of the Wizard of Oz!
ChrisDalek

Post by ChrisDalek »

Series 2 episode 4 (Renta-Hawks) is available to download for free from the Big Finish website!

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/te ... isode-1484

Also series 1 episode 1 (The Price is Right) is going to be a bonus feature on the upcoming blu-rays!
Crash

Post by Crash »

This looks very good!
I'll have a listen to that and once I've recovered from the cost of my last car service, I'll get the whole series.

By Blu-ray, am I thinking correctly that the TV show is coming in high definition?
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I should be getting the second volume of the audio series, v. soon (the postage was delayed). Someone has said on Facebook "There is a hint that two of the Terrahawks were, and may still be, engaged in a separate LGBT relationships with other people"...The mind boggles! :shock: I'm dying to find out more! I actually hope Yung-Star isn't gay; but there's a scene in My Kingdom for a Zeaf which may give the impression that he could be :cry: ...Oh well, he liked dancing with Mary at the Xmas party (that was only Ninestein's dream, but the viewer doesn't know that until the end of the episode).
felice

Post by felice »

Rachel wrote:I actually hope Yung-Star isn't gay
Don't worry, you can assume he's bi if it does turn out he's been involved with a guy :D