Pilot Episode?

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Bladez636

Pilot Episode?

Post by Bladez636 »

Does anyone know if this exists? Wikipedia states there to be a pilot to have been filmed - clearly not dubbed in English originally aired in Japan on October 4th.Normally, trusting Wikipedia is a dumbass move, but there seems to be some sort of evidence. I'm guessing the footage we see in the end credits of the Japanese version would be from it if it's true - afterall, the Shiro puppet kind of looks different from the one in the series.If it's true, than doubtlessly it's lost considering the Japanese DVD doesn't contain it
Shane

Pilot Episode?

Post by Shane »

The show that you speak of isn't a pilot show as such, but actually a special preview show with behind the scenes footage and interviews. Its title translated is "X Bomber Ready To Launch" and the good news is that it still exists and can be found here:http://www.veoh.com/watch/v17887724eqpYKwfqIt's an interesting watch for sure, but annoyingly a lot of the running time is made up of extended clips from X-Bomber Episode 1.

I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
FZeroOne

Pilot Episode?

Post by FZeroOne »

Not to mention authentic early 80s Japanese adverts! I think I've seen a clip of this somewhere, does it feature Go Nagai in a stupendous example of early 80s Japanese fashion as well?
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Shane

Pilot Episode?

Post by Shane »

(FZeroOne @ Jan. 15 2012,17:08)QUOTENot to mention authentic early 80s Japanese adverts! I think I've seen a clip of this somewhere, does it feature Go Nagai in a stupendous example of early 80s Japanese fashion as well?It's well worth watching for the adverts alone, and yes indeedy, Go Nagai and friend (the director?) are sporting some serious threads.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Bladez636

Pilot Episode?

Post by Bladez636 »

Ah, I kinda figured that was it but I just wasn't sure!It was a bunch of clips from ep 1, but we get alternate versions of the scenes with different music - I liked that rock music during the Pluto Alpha Base attack scene - it fits more than the music that was used in the actual episode.
Zordon

Pilot Episode?

Post by Zordon »

so are the scene slightly filmed diffrently? any launching pilot diffrences?if so i might be of intrest to put something together
Look an Alien cruiser!!
Bladez636

Pilot Episode?

Post by Bladez636 »

(Zordon @ Jan. 16 2012,10:15)QUOTEso are the scene slightly filmed diffrently? any launching pilot diffrences?if so i might be of intrest to put something togetherThey're the same, just the way the sounds and music are edited are rather different....