Possible Past Incarnations

Chat about the characters, plot, music, special effects...
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

If the Starfleet heroes had been born in mediaeval Sherwood Forest, they could have been the following:Lee - Friar TuckHercules - Little JohnShiro - Robin HoodLamia - Maid MarianCan you think of any other incarnations for them, from other eras and places?
The G

Post by The G »

I don't know about the rest of them, but I reckon that Barry Hercules would've made a mean "Shaft"!
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

What about characters from classical mythology? There are no prizes for guessing who Hercules would be! And Dr Benn could be Zeus; Lamia, Aphrodite; Princess Keeli, Helen of Troy; Commander Makara = either Athene, Medusa, or an Amazon.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

You could match them up with Wizard of Oz characters:Lamia - DorothyKirara - TotoKeeli - GlindaMakara - WitchShiro - Scarecrow?PPA - Tin manThe Lion could be Orion; and the Wizard possibly the Imperial Master, because of the big booming voice.In a Terrahawks version of the Wizard of Oz, Kate Kestrel could be Dorothy, because she sings. Mrs Dapples could be Aunty Em, and Stu the scarecrow. Zero would be the Tinman, and Mary = Glinda. I don't think I need to say who would be the wicked witch! And Cystar could be the other bad witch, the sister/cousin who was killed when the house landed on her.Am I the only one who finds this sort of thing fun? Maybe I need to get a life!
Crash

Post by Crash »

"Maybe I need to get a life!" - well, I hope not because by implication we might end up having to do the same :]
Dream big and bold and daring.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

There could be a Starfleet-style Saved by the Bell, with Principal Benn instead of Principal Belding!Shiro Morris is the "preppie", who has his eye on Keeli Kapowsky the cheerleader. His rival for her affections is Slater/Hercules, the muscular new boy.Makara, the school's feminist, hates the way Hercules refers to girls as "chicks" and "babes"; she keeps calling him a sexist pig. They later become an item.Shiro's friend Lee/Screech (could call him Leech!) keeps asking the fashion-conscious Lamia for a date, but she always rejects him, calling him a "dork" and a "geek".(I was initially going to have Kelly as Lamia, and Lisa as Keeli, but then realised the names = more similar with the reverse equation.)

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Here's Starfleet under the sea:Lamia, a sixteen-year-old mermaid princess, is dissatisfied with life under the sea and curious about the human world. She constantly ignores the warnings of her father, King Dr Benn, and adviser, PPA, that contact between merpeople and humans is forbidden, longing to join the human world and become a human herself.One night, Lamia travels to the ocean surface to watch a celebration for the birthday of Prince Shiro, with whom Lamia falls in love. In an ensuing storm the ship is destroyed and Lamia saves the unconscious Shiro from drowning. Lamia sings to him, but quickly leaves as soon as he regains consciousness to avoid being discovered. Fascinated by the memory of her voice, Shiro vows to find who saved and sung to him and Lamia vows to find a way to join him and his world. She visits Makara the sea witch.Makara makes a deal with Lamia to transform her into a human for three days in exchange for Lamia's voice, which Makara puts in a nautilus shell. Within these three days, Lamia must receive the 'kiss of true love' from Shiro; otherwise, she will transform back into a mermaid and belong to Makara. Lamia is then given human legs and taken to the surface. Shiro finds Lamia on the beach and takes her to his castle, unaware that she is the one who had saved him earlier. Shiro's dad, Prof Hagen, urges him to forget his dream, and turn his attention to a real loving girl nearby, indicating Lamia. Makara takes the disguise of a beautiful young woman named "Keeli" and appears onshore singing with Lamia's voice. Shiro recognizes the song and, in her disguise, Makara casts a hypnotic enchantment on Shiro to make him forget about Lamia. Prof Hagen declares "This mystery maiden really exists, and she truly is lovely!"The next day, Lamia finds out that Shiro will be married to the disguised Makara. Kirara disrupts the wedding with the help of various animals. In the chaos, the nautilus shell around Makara's neck is broken, restoring Lamia's voice and breaking Makara's enchantment over Shiro. Realizing that Lamia was the girl who saved his life, Shiro rushes to kiss her, but the sun sets and Lamia transforms back into a mermaid. Makara reverts to her true form and kidnaps Lamia. Dr Benn confronts Makara and demands Lamia's release, but the deal is inviolable. At Makara's urging, he agrees to take Lamia's place as Makara's prisoner. Lamia is released as Dr Benn transforms into a polyp and loses his authority over Atlantica. Makara declares herself the new ruler and quickly grows to monstrous proportions.Lamia and Shiro reconcile on the surface just before Makara grows past and towers the two. She then gains full control of the entire ocean, creating a storm with a maelstrom and shipwrecks, one of which Shiro commandeers. As Makara attempts to destroy a trapped Lamia in the maelstrom, Shiro turns the wheel hard to port and runs Makara through the abdomen with the ship's splintered bowsprit, mortally wounding her. After her death, Makara's power breaks, causing Dr Benn and all the other polyps in Makara's garden to revert back into their original forms. Later, after seeing that Lamia truly loves Shiro, Dr Benn willingly changes her from a mermaid into a human. An unspecified amount of time later, Lamia and Shiro have their wedding on a ship and depart.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

In a Starfleet version of Snow White, how about these for the 7 Dwarves:Doc - Doctor Benn!Grumpy - Barry HerculesSneezy - John LeeDopey - PPAHappy - Shiro HagenBashful - Prof Hagen (because he hides himself away for the first half of the series)Sleepy - General Kyle? Or Kirara?Captain Halley = the Prince Charming.Commander Makara = the evil queen, who keeps addressing her "mirror mirror on the wall".