UK DVD release

Chat about collectables, videos
Shane

UK DVD release

Post by Shane »

(jack18 @ Mar. 02 2009,17:24)QUOTEahone of my favourite episodes of the seriesAndrewY'know, I was thinking this when I was taking the screen-grabs. Episode 4 really is a bit of a stonker.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
jack18

UK DVD release

Post by jack18 »

have watched the boxset (2nd time) it's still good. in the flashback episode 9 i have found something remember the first battle between the imperial fighters and x bomber in episode 1 where you see a shot of Dr Benn just as x bomber is about to crashland now in episode 9 when makara and the imperial master remember that mission you hear Dr Benn "Prepare for forced landing" then on the second flashback episode when Shiro recalls the first battle in episode 1 you hear PPA say "fire in engineering room and dr benn says ppa fix it. now in the actual episode you don't hear Dr Benn say anything and you don't hear PPA say anything he just has a very stern expression. has anyone else picked up on this i only picked up on this when watching the DVD not when they were shown.Andrew
jack18

UK DVD release

Post by jack18 »

it is indeed Shane must admit i like episode 5 as well.Andrew
jack18

UK DVD release

Post by jack18 »

slight ammendment to my post in the second flashback episode referring to the 1st episode you hear PPA say fire in engine room and i thought Dr Benn says PPA fix it he dosen't he does say that line in another eisode but i don't know what one.Andrew
djdust

UK DVD release

Post by djdust »

Both flashback episodes have different dialogue, music and even sound effects compared to the original episodes. I think the flashback that takes the biscuit though is the one where X-Bomber gets away from the Sea Of Trees just in a nick of time before the lava from the volcano hits them! Erm.....
F-Zero-One - the Star Fleet / X Bomber site.....http://www.starfleetxbomber.com
Darthdc

UK DVD release

Post by Darthdc »

Yeah, I noticed that, got their adventures well and truly mixed up. Another is how Shiro (in Dai-X) says "show them whats up our sleeve" compared to "use the super cannon" from the original footage in ep 4. They messed up big with the flashback episodes for sure.
May the Force be with you!
jack18

UK DVD release

Post by jack18 »

have just been into the HMV birmingham and the boxset of Star Fleet has gone up to £40 lucky i bought it when they had it at £32.99Andrew
Rachel

UK DVD release

Post by Rachel »

I'll have to check out the prices on Amazon; or keep a lookout for the next HMV sale. (They always have lots of pink balloons in the window when that occurs.)
Mark42

UK DVD release

Post by Mark42 »

I'm not too sure why people are talking so much about picture quality because in my opinion the quality was never that totally high on its first release. I have no idea what quality of film stock was used but the show often looked slightly washed out, fuzzy or grainy compared with say the Gerry Anderson shows. Also all the footage with laser beams in would involve optical duplication, creating a copy of the original film which reduces film quality - and of course the end title footage always looked like it had been stored in a dustbin, very grainy as it was probably a copy of a copy of the original film.I've still got bits of Starfleet on video tape from the original broadcasts in the 1980s, and I've obviously watched these several times over the years so the quality of the new DVDs is exactly what I expected it to be. Remastering can't perform miracles, whats been done is good enough in my book - except there seems to be a little blob of muck near the centre of the screen in most episodes that bugging me.
Crash

UK DVD release

Post by Crash »

Well I saw the first episode and the quality was good.It was good enough that you could pick out lots of details that I missed on pirate VCD.The folks at Vulpes Libris gave me a signed copy so I didn't have to line Enoki Film's pockets.
Dream big and bold and daring.