UK DVD release

Chat about collectables, videos
Crash

UK DVD release

Post by Crash »

Last I heard it'd been delayed and will be out sometime in January ('09). That's what HMV is saying. I think Fab Films have just made a slight hiccup with their site.It's not that long... maybe you should download Macross Frontier in the mean time?
Dream big and bold and daring.
Bradster

UK DVD release

Post by Bradster »

Andy is probably still our best source for information and he mentioned in the announcement thread:
(AndyThomas @ Aug. 19 2008,17:45)QUOTEHello one and all.  Good news, and bad news.  Good news - it's still coming out, so don't panic, and there will be some nice interview extras on it.  Bad news - it's unlikely to come out until early January 2009 at this point.The American company that was handling the remastering was, basically, rubbish, and so the remastering process has had to start again here in the UK.  It's already progressing well, but it will take a while and then the whole package has to get finalised, marketed etc.So it isn't going to be 1 September as currently indicated on most retail sites, I'm afraid.  I'll update you if I get any more details as time goes on.  Just have to be patient that little bit longer I'm afraid, but then we're used to that!
Darthdc

UK DVD release

Post by Darthdc »

Well HMV have it as 19/01/2009 and Play.com as 05/01/2009 - 2 weeks earlier. I know which date I prefer but which is correct, I don't know, though I suppose HMVs date probably is
May the Force be with you!
Darthdc

UK DVD release

Post by Darthdc »

Nice looking photos there, judging by these, its gonna be £29 well spent. I'm looking forward to getting it.
May the Force be with you!
jamesaevans

UK DVD release

Post by jamesaevans »

Hi,This is my first post on the SFXB forum after visiting occasionally over the last couple of years.Unfortunately my first post does not contain good news as I received the following email from Amazon today regarding my order:Dear Customer, Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date: Star Fleet - Series 1 - Complete [DVD] Estimated arrival date: 09/02/09 - 14/02/09However if the UK box set is as good as it looks then I'm happy to wait a couple more weeks.ThanksJames
Crash

UK DVD release

Post by Crash »

Well, I'm sure we'll survive. Waiting for things to be finished seems to be my occupation these days.I think it'll be good. Although I had a rather unpleasant experience with Fabulous Films I can't see any way out of buying this set, it looks so impressive.
Bradster

UK DVD release

Post by Bradster »

(jamesaevans @ Jan. 19 2009,16:22)QUOTEHi,This is my first post on the SFXB forum after visiting occasionally over the last couple of years.Unfortunately my first post does not contain good news as I received the following email from Amazon today regarding my order:Welcome, James!Yeah, I just got the same message from Amazon and was coming online to share it, too.
Crash

UK DVD release

Post by Crash »

Yeah, your soul is ours now. Strong first post. Welcome to the board.
jamesaevans

UK DVD release

Post by jamesaevans »

Thank you for the warm welcome.Today I found the current issue of ScifiNow includes a review of the Star Fleet DVD box set and a special feature:The review of the DVD box set is very critical of the picture quality and the voice acting.  I was very surprised to hear about the poor image quality given the footage has been re-mastered and the positive comments from Andy on the preview discs he received.  I will wait for my box set to arrive from Amazon before making my own opinion on the image quality.The 2 page feature elsewhere in the magazine covers 6 of the key sequences from the series together with a few other facts and figures.  Overall a disappointing review and write up for one of the best children’s TV series from the 80s.  James