Star Fleet 1984 Annual

Chat about collectables, videos
Rachel

Star Fleet 1984 Annual

Post by Rachel »

The annual looks pretty sound; the joke page and the space trivia quiz page = the icing on the cake. (It looks as if the drawings of the characters vary in accuracy.)How good are the remaining stories, not shown here? I ask because there's a copy on offer from Amazon, costing £20. (There's another one priced £352.50, but I'm not touching that with a barge-pole!)
Vanessa

Star Fleet 1984 Annual

Post by Vanessa »

You are right there, the drawings certainly do vary in style/accuracy/quality.They certainly don't come close to the quality and sheer artistry of Mike Noble's Star Fleet strips from the Look In magazine.The stories in the annual are OK, they all seem to fit around the main TOAS fairly well.Certainly if you are after new Star Fleet stories to read, they are worth a gander.Not sure I'd pay £20 for the annual though.I have a copy and I bought it a few months ago on eBay for £5.99, so bargains do come up every now and then.It's well worth waiting for a cheaper copy to crop up.
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Rachel

Star Fleet 1984 Annual

Post by Rachel »

I especially like the "bite of the Milky Way" joke, and the "getting a baby astronaut to sleep" one! I've got the second Terrahawks annual, which has extras like number puzzles, allegedly set by Lt. Hiro; and the Zero Chronicles, collection of random facts compiled by Zero, to impress Doc Ninestein. I think the Starfleet annual's Star Probe, and Jokes in Space, are better, though. I read the first Terrahawks annual about 12 years ago (came across it in a small library), but can't remember the extras.
Rachel

Star Fleet 1984 Annual

Post by Rachel »

How frequently does the Starfleet annual appear on Ebay?
Vanessa

Star Fleet 1984 Annual

Post by Vanessa »

Good question, I've found that waiting for a decent Star Fleet annual to appear on eBay is like waiting for a bus. Nothing for ages, and then quite a few in quick succession. Over the past year, I'd say that there have been about 5 or so.So about once every 2-3 months. But one can't be exact about it, as it's a fairly random thing.Isn't someone scanning the annual to go on the X-Archive?
Evasive Manoeuvres!
Crash

Star Fleet 1984 Annual

Post by Crash »

I can, but mine's not in terrific nick.My scanner's not exactly the best either.I encourage anyone to give it a shot.
Dream big and bold and daring.