just been offered set of 17 small bomber x rubber figures

Chat about collectables, videos
Shane

Post by Shane »

Cor thats a lot of money for a box of rubbers. Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
Bradster

Post by Bradster »

Pictures! Pictures!
Shane

Post by Shane »

I'm in agreement. Nobody is likely to buy them at that price, unless they are hardcore fans. This is a community of sorts, if you don't want em, don't buy em.Shane.
I like parties, I like fun, I want to live in a hamburger bun!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

If I were to guess - if it cost Mark £40 quid to get them, it probably cost that much again to get them shipped, plus exchange rates etc...? So I suppose he's trying to cover his total costs. But I've seen this happen before - everyone here knows who's who on Ebay now and it's unlikely that some random individual might be bidding on these sort of items. Obviously what people choose to do with their money is entirely up to them, but as Shane says, fighting someone for them only to put them up for sale the next day at a price you know the other person hadn't gone up to on the previous auction... why bother?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Um, so hang on... You already had a set, then you bought another - before or after you knew you had a bidder for it? And if there's a private bidder, why risk someone bidding for it on eBay and your (perhaps) not getting as much for it?! I can sort of understand it from a "testing the water" point of view, but otherwise the logic rather escapes me. Buy hey, as I say, entirely up to you...
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator