Japanese DVD

Chat about collectables, videos
Dr. Ben

Japanese DVD

Post by Dr. Ben »

Hi.Haveing seen this site, I bought a DVD of Star Fleet on ebay. The quality is terrible. It literally looks like they just dubbed the complitation tapes to a computer. Can I get the original UK version on video tape in the USA? Or what about the Japanese DVD release? Ebay doesn't operate in Japan so I can't seem to find it any where. Help!!!
FZeroOne

Japanese DVD

Post by FZeroOne »

The Japanese DVD release is likely to be hard to find outside of Japan - I got my copy in Tokyo, and even then had to get it second-hand. You may wish to try Yahoo! Japan if you can read Japanese (although its very hard to find sellers there that will ship internationally). There are third party services like Celga that can bid for you:http://www.celga.com/If you have any friends in Japan (a long shot, I know), you could ask them to keep an eye out. Otherwise its just a case of crossing your fingers and hoping a set comes up on ebay or waiting for an official Western release. All bets are off as to which would happen first, though... (note also that the Japanese release has no English subtitles, although it does contain the Star Fleet epsiode compilation "Space Quest for F-01", which is dubbed in English).Edit: sorry, I just saw your comment on video-tapes. The US saw an edited release of Star Fleet, which still crops up occasionally. UK releases were limited to compilation releases; Space Quest for F-01 and The Thalian Space Wars, which are quite old and may be tricky to find (and in PAL format).
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Dr. Ben

Japanese DVD

Post by Dr. Ben »

Uh... Actualy I know a Japanese family. They'd never heard of Star Fleet but knew of Thunderbirds (suprise suprise). And I found it on Amazon Japan!!! Course you'd have to pay in Japanese currency... How reliable is Star Fleet Direct? They offer the whole series for $35 but I wasn't sure if it was the US complitations (which I have) or the genuine article. I know Brad used them but he didn't say...
NC

Japanese DVD

Post by NC »

I ordered my copy from a online store a bit like Play or Sendit but based in japan, they were happy to send it anywhere in the world.I also have the Divx CDs they are pretty good quality considering they are from the US videos, not up to the DVD quality but still very good.
felice

Japanese DVD

Post by felice »

It seems to be widely available from Japanese sites, eg:http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec....9640221Not cheap, but that seems to be the going rate. If you find someone who'll send stuff from Japan, you can give them that URL to let them know what you want.Xボンバー
FZeroOne

Japanese DVD

Post by FZeroOne »

Minor point, and given the multitude of connectors attached to most A/V equipment these days, unlikely to be a problem but just in case: Japan is Region 2 (same as UK) but NTSC for TV output (as US).
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.