New toy find

Chat about collectables, videos
FZeroOne

New toy find

Post by FZeroOne »

Just got back from Tokyo, bearing in hand a new X-Bomber toy for my collection - an all plastic, Takatoku Toys Dai-X toy. I have something of a dilemma, as its still on the blister card and in order to review it properly I need to figure out a way to open the package without destroying the blister. Or maybe I should just leave it as is...? My understanding is that this kind of toy was either produced for sale at train station kiosks (so that harried salary-men could bring home a cheap toy for their kids) or for use as a fairground toy prize. The only feature appears to be firing "rocket fists" - and, oh, an Earth Defence Force badge!The odd thing is is that I was supposed to be buying a bag when I came across this. But I'd wandered into an area of Akihabara in Tokyo where there were some vintage toy shops I know and I thought I may as as well have a quick look round while I was there. Big surprise when I saw this item, especially as I'd been in the same shop earlier and hadn't noticed it...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
Bradster

New toy find

Post by Bradster »

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
FZeroOne

New toy find

Post by FZeroOne »

Eventually. I'm still getting my head sorted out after spending most of Saturday on a plane (no snakes, thankfully!) and I have a few things to sort out. But I will...!
"The power of bakers, the power of artists; even the power of witches! It must be a power given by God... sometimes we suffer for it."- Ursula, Kikis Delivery Service.
FZeroOne

New toy find

Post by FZeroOne »

Okay, hope this works - hopefully you should see an image of my recent toy find:Edit - oops, too big, I think! Will try and resize:Thumbnail link. Hope I'm not breaching any forum rules, Andy, I haven't tried something like this before...
FZeroOne

New toy find

Post by FZeroOne »

Close-up: