Marvel 1987 Thundercats Comics

Chat about collectables, videos
Lion-O

Post by Lion-O »

Hello all! I'm quite proud to say I own the collection of British printed Marvel Thundercats comics. I'm also quite proud that I have from issue #1 through to #88, missing only a few issues. Problem is the time has come for me to part with my beloved collection   and no matter how hard I look I can't seem to work out what people are paying for them nowadays. I don't want to sell unless I can get a decent price. I was wondering if any of you guys could help on how much I can expect in the modern marketplace?Hoooooooooooooooooooo!!!
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

My reference book is very out of date now, but I'm afraid even in 1997 the comics were only valued at 50 pence for the first one and 25 pence for all the others. You might do better than that with nostalgia factored in, but unfortunately the only weekly comics in this country that tend to do well are ones featuring recognised artists, such as Bisley 2000AD issues. There also tends to be a habit of people releasing CDs full of comic scans these days which might mean even more competition... Sorry it's not better news. The only other thing I can suggest is keeping an eye on eBay to get a feel for current prices.
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Lion-O

Post by Lion-O »

Well, thanks for the info anyway. A part of me wanted to keep them for myself so I guess there's no real point in offering them for sale now. Also, thankyou for actually posting a reply I didn't realise until after I'd made the post that this board wasn't specific for Thundercats so it is appreciated. How did I not spot it? It was very early in the morning is my only excuse