Die cast Dai x query

Chat about collectables, videos
Nick1970

Die cast Dai x query

Post by Nick1970 »

Hi everyone,
I've just bought the die cast Dai x, from lulu berlu in Paris, does anyone else here have one? And if so can they please tell me what the yellow plastic thing is for? It's got me puzzled!
Thanks, Nick
Crash

Re: Die cast Dai x query

Post by Crash »

Good - it's the coolest toy anyone's made in a while.
Yeah, it's really good. I think there are quite a few between the members on here.
I'll check the box and remind myself what's in it but I think there was something that helped you prize something apart. I think it might have been to open up the head and turn it into BrainCom.
Dream big and bold and daring.
Nick1970

Post by Nick1970 »

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Yes it's a very cool toy : ) I love it.

I've had a look, it doesn't seem like the head opens. Was there any kind of instruction booklet with these originally? I know some of the features were illustrated on the box but some like the feet extension levers aren't shown. it's made me wonder if there are any other things it does that aren't immediately apparent.

The shop I bought it from, lulu berlu has several X bomber toys for sale, unfortunately a few are incomplete, even my die cast one has only 3 of the red missiles, my smaller dai x one has the leg missiles missing (but is still a very cool toy), they have an bomber that looks fantastic but has the antenna, missiles, and discs missing.
Crash

Post by Crash »

I take it that it's not this one that we're discussing, is it not?
http://www.xbomber.co.uk/Star%20Fleet/B ... dfcb7e.jpg

I kind of assumed that it was originally.

I don't have any of the 'original' action figures from the 1980s but I think the fellow that runs this site:
http://www.collectiondx.com/series/xbomber
... is the best one to talk to about the earlier ones.
Nick1970

Post by Nick1970 »

That one looks really cool! but this is the one I was talking about http://www.lulu-berlu.com/bomber-x-big- ... 34-en.html
Crash

Post by Crash »

That must have taken a bit more getting hold of.

This site looks like the kind of place where I could spend a lot of money and end up with some really cool stuff :)
Nick1970

Post by Nick1970 »

We were in Paris on holiday last week so we went in and bought the 2 toys while we were there, I'd reserved the die cast one, and just by chance saw the smaller one next to it in the display case, and had to have that too, I had to walk around the shop blinkered as there were so many cool figures etc there, it would have been easy to spend a lot of time, and a lot more money otherwise : )
AndyThomas

Post by AndyThomas »

Wow, that shop's still going. It's been a link from SFXB for years and years now although the link itself has clearly gone a little out of date. It does look impressive, it's always had a massive range of the really old X Bomber / Bomber X merchandise on the site. I'm sure Shane could have informed us about the nuances of what's available there!
X Bomber Search
Ye Olde Toys links
So bigdaix.co.uk isn't even registered any more then?
Andy Thomas - SFXB Webmaster and Forum Moderator
Crash

Post by Crash »

Speaking of merchandise,

I think I might bid on this later on today, lol: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-BOMBER-the- ... 3cfddc9c46

I just got a nice big cheque from Mr HMRC Taxman yesterday.

EDIT: Well they're mine now so they should be on a slow boat from Japan soon. With the cost of them, I felt I had to economise on the shipping.
Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

I have that figures set too. I had vague plans to make moulds from them and cast some figures in resin or whitemetal and paint them.
Always wanted a detailed set of Star Fleet figures.
Evasive Manoeuvres!